What's new

Large Cents, Buttons, Silver, and a Funky Kitty Cat

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2010
Messages
9,667
Reaction score
14,518
Golden Thread
4
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Sunday I was finally able to get back to the site where I found this Confederate "Block A" artillery button last summer.
A Button - sharp.jpg

My brother and I had an 8-minute hike to get there because there were six large trees blown across the lane from a recent windstorm, and since this old house was not occupied, it was not a priorityfor the many crews out removing trees and restoring power to the area.
As soon as we fired up our detectors, my brother's first signal was a flat button. At the same time, I got a great signal which turned out to be this Large Cent.
1848 front.jpg

1848 back.jpg


My next signal was a pewter spoon handle, then another copper, then another pewter spoon handle. Things slowed down after that. I got a silver Washington quarter. My brother got a holed 1838 Large Cent and this funky kitty...
Cat.jpg


Here's what we ended up with...
All 2.jpg


Finally, a few in-situ shots of my coins.
LC1 dirt.jpg

LC2 dirt.jpg

Quarter dirt.jpg
 
Last edited:
Upvote 56
This Sunday I was this Confederate "Block A" artillery button last summer.
View attachment 2073069
My brother and I had an 8-minute hike to get there because there were six large trees blown across the lane from a recent windstorm, and since this old house was not occupied, it was not a priorityfor the many crews out removing trees and restoring power to the area.
As soon as we fired up our detectors, my brother's first signal was a flat button. At the same time, I got a great signal which turned out to be this Large Cent.
View attachment 2073073
View attachment 2073074

My next signal was a pewter spoon handle, then another copper, then another pewter spoon handle. Things slowed down after that. I got a silver Washington quarter. My brother got a holed 1838 Large Cent and this funky kitty...
View attachment 2073076

Here's what we ended up with...
View attachment 2073077

Finally, a few in-situ shots of my coins.
View attachment 2073078
View attachment 2073079
View attachment 2073080
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
This Sunday I was finally able to get back to the site where I found this Confederate "Block A" artillery button last summer.
View attachment 2073069
My brother and I had an 8-minute hike to get there because there were six large trees blown across the lane from a recent windstorm, and since this old house was not occupied, it was not a priorityfor the many crews out removing trees and restoring power to the area.
As soon as we fired up our detectors, my brother's first signal was a flat button. At the same time, I got a great signal which turned out to be this Large Cent.
View attachment 2073073
View attachment 2073074

My next signal was a pewter spoon handle, then another copper, then another pewter spoon handle. Things slowed down after that. I got a silver Washington quarter. My brother got a holed 1838 Large Cent and this funky kitty...
View attachment 2073076

Here's what we ended up with...
View attachment 2073077

Finally, a few in-situ shots of my coins.
View attachment 2073078
View attachment 2073079
View attachment 2073080
Nice finds and nice pics!! Congrats
 
That large cent is great! Awesome finds, way to go!
 
This Sunday I was finally able to get back to the site where I found this Confederate "Block A" artillery button last summer.
View attachment 2073069
My brother and I had an 8-minute hike to get there because there were six large trees blown across the lane from a recent windstorm, and since this old house was not occupied, it was not a priorityfor the many crews out removing trees and restoring power to the area.
As soon as we fired up our detectors, my brother's first signal was a flat button. At the same time, I got a great signal which turned out to be this Large Cent.
View attachment 2073073
View attachment 2073074

My next signal was a pewter spoon handle, then another copper, then another pewter spoon handle. Things slowed down after that. I got a silver Washington quarter. My brother got a holed 1838 Large Cent and this funky kitty...
View attachment 2073076

Here's what we ended up with...
View attachment 2073077

Finally, a few in-situ shots of my coins.
View attachment 2073078
View attachment 2073079
View attachment 2073080
The cat one is really cool!
 
This Sunday I was finally able to get back to the site where I found this Confederate "Block A" artillery button last summer.
View attachment 2073069
My brother and I had an 8-minute hike to get there because there were six large trees blown across the lane from a recent windstorm, and since this old house was not occupied, it was not a priorityfor the many crews out removing trees and restoring power to the area.
As soon as we fired up our detectors, my brother's first signal was a flat button. At the same time, I got a great signal which turned out to be this Large Cent.
View attachment 2073073
View attachment 2073074

My next signal was a pewter spoon handle, then another copper, then another pewter spoon handle. Things slowed down after that. I got a silver Washington quarter. My brother got a holed 1838 Large Cent and this funky kitty...
View attachment 2073076

Here's what we ended up with...
View attachment 2073077

Finally, a few in-situ shots of my coins.
View attachment 2073078
View attachment 2073079
View attachment 2073080
Awesome hunt. Congratulations
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom