Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Sunday I was finally able to get back to the site where I found this Confederate "Block A" artillery button last summer.
A Button - sharp.jpg

My brother and I had an 8-minute hike to get there because there were six large trees blown across the lane from a recent windstorm, and since this old house was not occupied, it was not a priorityfor the many crews out removing trees and restoring power to the area.
As soon as we fired up our detectors, my brother's first signal was a flat button. At the same time, I got a great signal which turned out to be this Large Cent.
1848 front.jpg

1848 back.jpg

My next signal was a pewter spoon handle, then another copper, then another pewter spoon handle. Things slowed down after that. I got a silver Washington quarter. My brother got a holed 1838 Large Cent and this funky kitty...
Cat.jpg

Here's what we ended up with...
All 2.jpg

Finally, a few in-situ shots of my coins.
LC1 dirt.jpg

LC2 dirt.jpg

Quarter dirt.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 28

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Sunday I was this Confederate "Block A" artillery button last summer.
View attachment 2073069
My brother and I had an 8-minute hike to get there because there were six large trees blown across the lane from a recent windstorm, and since this old house was not occupied, it was not a priorityfor the many crews out removing trees and restoring power to the area.
As soon as we fired up our detectors, my brother's first signal was a flat button. At the same time, I got a great signal which turned out to be this Large Cent.
View attachment 2073073
View attachment 2073074

My next signal was a pewter spoon handle, then another copper, then another pewter spoon handle. Things slowed down after that. I got a silver Washington quarter. My brother got a holed 1838 Large Cent and this funky kitty...
View attachment 2073076

View attachment 2073077

View attachment 2073078
View attachment 2073079
View attachment 2073080
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This Sunday I was finally able to get back to the site where I found this Confederate "Block A" artillery button last summer.
View attachment 2073069
View attachment 2073073
View attachment 2073074

View attachment 2073076

View attachment 2073077

View attachment 2073078
View attachment 2073079
View attachment 2073080
Nice finds and nice pics!! Congrats

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
View attachment 2073069
View attachment 2073073
View attachment 2073074

View attachment 2073076

View attachment 2073077

View attachment 2073078
View attachment 2073079
View attachment 2073080
The cat one is really cool!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2073069
View attachment 2073073
View attachment 2073074

View attachment 2073076

View attachment 2073077

View attachment 2073078
View attachment 2073079
View attachment 2073080
Awesome hunt. Congratulations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread