crystal hunting trip?

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac
If I was home I would be! I'm from SWMO Mama.

When I was a kid in the early 90's, Grandma and Grandpa loaded us up several years running, and we'd go down through the Boston's to Hot Springs, Mt. Ida, and to Murfeesboro one year. I'll never forget those quiet little Arkansas mountain towns, barely a hundred people I imagine. We always stayed in Dardanelle, by Russelville, and went from there.

My favorite beauty spot was Petit Jean State Park. It has some amazing geologic formations, not to mention the overlook on the Arkansas River at Ozark Dam.

All the kinds of things that do make Arkansas the Natural State. As long as everyone thinks its only good for hicks and sticks, maybe I'll move there someday!

Good luck if you go, and I wish I could go with you!

-josh-

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
sorry you can't go Jr. I am familiar with the lake. It is quite beautiful. It's been a couple yrs since I have been able to go, & I am sooo ready.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on your hunt, I just got back from the annual 'Quartz, Crafts, & Quilts' at the fairgrounds in Mt. Ida, we traded fossils for some nice crystals & minerals.

Fossis................

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
schucks Fossis. I was hoping I might be able to meet you diggin' crystals. Glad you had a good time. got any pictures?

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
No one wants to go dig water clear crystals? just for 1 wkend? it is an experience you will never forget!

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
mamabear, I would go if I had known about it two weeks ago, I'm going to a fossil show this weekend in Glenrose, Tx....would have liked to have met you, tho...

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mamabear said:
schucks Fossis. I was hoping I might be able to meet you diggin' crystals. Glad you had a good time. got any pictures?

I didn't get any pic's, (camera is down), let me know when you go down, I have a buddy that wanted to dig, we might come down.
I have a friend where I sell some hiking sticks that is related to the Colemans, (small world huh?).

Fossis...............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread