What's new

CSA Buckle?

Dustin V3

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Farragut, Tennessee USA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3
Is this is a CSA Buckle?
 

Attachments

  • csa.webp
    csa.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 671
  • csa1.webp
    csa1.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 669
Yours looks like a buckle made love to a box turtle. I think that's only because it's been so heavily cleaned. Had it not been scrubbed, soaked and oiled, it would appear a lot more natural/convincing. Here's one I came across:
 

Attachments

  • eggCSA3.webp
    eggCSA3.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 235
Upvote 0
I found a few of these egg shaped plates online but they all say CS and have something on the backs. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • egg shaped cs.webp
    egg shaped cs.webp
    3.9 KB · Views: 182
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I found a few of these egg shaped plates online but they all say CS and have something on the backs. :dontknow:

Good point, Big Cy. This buckle is interesting in that it shows no evidence of ever having any belt hooks, as well as the fact that it's an egg shaped CSA -- not CS. I can't find any examples of a CSA egg shape, but see plenty of CS eggs in the Mullinax archive. I'm with Gopher in that it appears to be a bungled campfire effort. The wear on the red brass looks period and authentic.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom