CTH 3 Campers Club

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gyps, I know... I'm kinda banking on you being there, because you live close to them and you've got your girls (and their little friends) with also. But I'll let him know all that if he discusses it with me. I think it's just one of those hard things for a parent to do, which is to let their child grow up and be an adult... so I completely understand. He already said that he's still trying to accept that she's traveling alone to come see me next week. Heh, poor guy... but I love him!

And WSD, I will let him know that high caliber folks such as yourself will be there in attendance... :wink:

Bran <><

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Having a daughter myself,I know where he's coming from with a daughter that age group.I went through the same ordeals.She always asked,as did her brothers.I never said no!But sometimes I would say yes but I would rather you didn't go and this is why,and I always explained my views.They contemplated my views and sometimes they went but also sometimes they didn't.They never caused me any worry because we were always honest and had trust.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Honestly I hardly doubt if he were there himself if she would be any better chaperoned but ya know if we drag the dad along he would figure out how much fun it is too! :laughing7:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warsawdaddy said:
Having a daughter myself,I know where he's coming from with a daughter that age group.I went through the same ordeals.She always asked,as did her brothers.I never said no!But sometimes I would say yes but I would rather you didn't go and this is why,and I always explained my views.They contemplated my views and sometimes they went but also sometimes they didn't.They never caused me any worry because we were always honest and had trust.

WSD, that's exactly how my parents raised me and my brother... and we turned out pretty good I think.
I've always had respect for my parents for raising us like that, and I will raise my children the same way. :)

Cynangyl said:
Honestly I hardly doubt if he were there himself if she would be any better chaperoned but ya know if we drag the dad along he would figure out how much fun it is too! :laughing7:

I completely agree Cyn!! And yeah, I know he'd be hooked... he's already fascinated by the hobby as it is, so he'd have it bad if he came out to the hunt. However, I doubt he'll be able to make the trip with us though... which is where the problem exists. lol
But she's going to talk to her parents again next time she can get them both together in one room. And if needs be, I'm willing to have a Skype session with all of us so I can let them know how much fun this trip will be and how she'll be completely fine while she's gone.

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, it's the dad... he's definitely the head of the household.
Her mom is actually the lax one of the two! At times, we have to make her behave, because she likes to cut up sometimes... :laughing7:

Bran <><

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Her mom is actually the lax one of the two! At times, we have to make her behave, because she likes to cut up sometimes...

Trust me,she has the means to sway the dad when no one is around.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bran,

I raised 4 daughters and I completely understand. Tell her parents this will be as safe as a church event in their backyard with 50 parents attending and never sleeping! How much better could it get? Actually, her parents need to come also as they would have a blast!!! Give us her parents email address and we can start needling them daily to come! What are friends for? Lol!!

Steve ;D

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WSD, yes... she is able to sway her husband, I know that. It'll just be a matter of talking it over... hopefully soon, because I still have to take care of the airline tickets, as well as how to ship all of my gear up to Springfield, then ship it back home.
I stress out if I don't have everything planned out to a tee ahead of time. :-\

Steve... I think I'll hold off on the e-mail persuasions for right now. :D Thank you for the offer though!

Bran <><

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Can't you drive a small Budget or U-Haul 6-8 passenger van to Springfield for less than what the airline tickets cost?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warsawdaddy said:
Can't you drive a small Budget or U-Haul 6-8 passenger van to Springfield for less than what the airline tickets cost?

Nope... I can get a ticket to Springfield right now from the Tuesday before the hunt until the Tuesday after the hunt for $99 one way, and $79 for the return. :wink:

If I were to drive, I'd probably take my 4Runner again like I did last time. The main problem with driving up from Florida is that outside of absorbent gas prices for a long trip like that, it takes 19 to 22 hours to drive EACH way to Springfield... which basically means that I'll have to dedicate a full day of driving IF I drive straight through without spending the night anywhere. I've did it before, but I just don't want to do it again. Flying is just much quicker, which means I'll have more time to spend time with Hannah... and more time to spend at the hunt. ;D

Bran <><

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
godisnum1 said:
Well she is definitely wanting to come... but it really just depends on her father and if he will allow her to or not.
I just had her talk to him about it yesterday, and he said he'd discuss it with her mom and let us know.
For the first time in her life, he's allowing her to travel by herself and come down here for Spring Break next week for 10 days... so letting her go out on her own is kind of a new thing for her parents. They'll come around eventually, I'm sure. :)

Bran <><

You def have reffrences Brandon. Im impressed with hannas dad also.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, as of right now, I don't believe Hannah will be able to attend. This has put a huge hitch into my planning... so I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make it or not at this point. If I can figure out something solid, I will let you all know. :-\

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
idk... this has caused way too much tension and strife. It just shouldn't be like this, but there isn't a think I can do about it.
I guess if I make it, I make it. If I don't, I'm gonna be pretty down about it. I'm already down about the way things are looking now. :'(

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
look up bro! If it is His will for you to be there then you will be....never look down, always up! love ya!

JDS

Jun 8, 2007
Kansas City Missouri
Detector(s) used
ML4000/ML E-Trac/Ace 250/Antique Groundhog
Bran I hope you can make it. I have been following your posts for a long time now and was looking forward to meeting you. :read2:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I hope you make it, we need you at the hunt just in case we need to dig a really BIG hole

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread