What's new

CTX 3030 Finds its first Gold Ring

Buried Crap NJ

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
658
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hunted the tide down for three hours feet wet. Had only light pennies and dimes with trash. I turn around and hit what was the high tide swiming line. Right in front of the life guard stand. Read 12-08 6in down.
White gold .585 7.2 grams. The only other good target was a 1950 silver quarter. The earing is junk!
 

Attachments

  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0
Congratulations BCNJ. Hope that becomes a regular thing for you with that machine!
 
That's cool. I never knew they could find stuff on their own like that.
 
Super dupper find.... that a nice ring. I like the ways its made. Hope you are on a roll.

Dew
 
That's cool. I never knew they could find stuff on their own like that.
I really have little clue whats going on with this new machine. So I am giving all the credit to the machine. With this new machine every scoop I am just as amzed as when I started 39 yeas ago.I have a little idea it could be a gold when the number read 12-08 and it did so I was hoping.Note the shot gun shells they are right around 12-08 too!
 
I like that ring a lot, I have never seen a ring banded like that, most of the time the cuts go the long way.
 
Congratulations on your find.
 
Nice one...your confidence in that machine just went up a notch.
 
What does that mean "high tide swimming line"? I am familiar with the hide tide and low tide water lines (basically the edge), but not with the swimming line, can you elaborate? (I am relatively new to this)
 
Congrats!:hello2:

Nice ring!
 
What does that mean "high tide swimming line"? I am familiar with the hide tide and low tide water lines (basically the edge), but not with the swimming line, can you elaborate? (I am relatively new to this)
Well my first reaction to the beach was nice sily sand and that's never a good sign. Usaaly means new sand or fine sand pulled down. The swim lines are where are most seen. usally about knee deepto waist deep these days due to the rip tides.
Since it was right at the low tide time the beach was about 200 ft further out than at high tide. I was digging only light items out way far so I hunted about 20 to 30 feet from where the high tide would have been 6 hrs ago. This would have been the knee deep water.As it turned out this is where the few heavy coins came from along with the gold. Now its assumed that the sand that was further out was washed out exposing the target higher up. On this day, 6hr it will be differnt again. Hope this helps to explaine.BCNJ
 
Nice piece of gold.:thumbsup:
 
Well done, congratulation!!
 
CBNJ, that is one beautiful ring find!

Congratulations :headbang:

Lorraine
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom