Metal Magnet Bronze Member Joined Oct 26, 2010 Messages 1,140 Reaction score 512 Golden Thread 0 Location OH Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 900 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 13, 2011 #1 Okay, I found this a couple of months ago at a place where I have found items ranging from about 1800/1790. I have found 2 of them so far, on different sides of the house. Any help on ID would be very much appreciated!
Okay, I found this a couple of months ago at a place where I have found items ranging from about 1800/1790. I have found 2 of them so far, on different sides of the house. Any help on ID would be very much appreciated!
thrillathahunt Silver Member Joined Jul 24, 2006 Messages 4,601 Reaction score 953 Golden Thread 0 Location TEXAS Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 13, 2011 #2 It is an old rivet...I have a pile of 'em. Upvote 0
Havilah_Springs Full Member Joined Oct 23, 2011 Messages 142 Reaction score 6 Golden Thread 0 Location VENTURA COUNTY, CA Detector(s) used WHITES EAGLE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 13, 2011 #3 I agree! Upvote 0
Metal Magnet Bronze Member Joined Oct 26, 2010 Messages 1,140 Reaction score 512 Golden Thread 0 Location OH Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 900 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 13, 2011 Thread Owner #4 Hahahahaahaha, wow, amazing digging a rivet. Thanks so much for the ID! Upvote 0
baywalker Bronze Member Joined Aug 24, 2011 Messages 1,117 Reaction score 432 Golden Thread 0 Location Southwest Florida Detector(s) used Garrett & Fisher Minelab Excaliber II Garrett Pro Pointer Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 13, 2011 #5 A lot of wooden chests were put together with them. Or horse harness . Upvote 0
bradyboy Silver Member Joined Apr 15, 2007 Messages 3,530 Reaction score 1,361 Golden Thread 0 Location Clearwater, FL Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 13, 2011 #6 I concur - rivet Brady Upvote 0
G Gecko Full Member Joined Mar 1, 2007 Messages 115 Reaction score 1 Golden Thread 0 Nov 13, 2011 #7 I am just 'riveted' by this piece. maybe the two you found were all that was holding that old house together Upvote 0
I am just 'riveted' by this piece. maybe the two you found were all that was holding that old house together
CRUSADER Emerald Member Joined May 25, 2007 Messages 41,314 Reaction score 48,596 Golden Thread 27 Location ENGLAND 🥇 Banner finds 27 Detector(s) used XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 14, 2011 #8 Leather is the most common use, on horses mostly. Upvote 0