jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're testing you and your reactions. Next time they may come up and engage in conversation while another scumbag sneaks up behind you. AC is full of tweekers

I stood up, put the flattened can in my pouch and
immediate turned my back to the He/She/it and started swinging again.
when I glanced to look if they were still there
it had rejoined it's Twin. I don't remember after that who left the beach first.
I'm only about 5'5" maybe 5'6" the one that approached was probably the same.
weather was warm, only reason that came to mind for the hoodies was
to make it impossible to I.D. or fashion statement :laughing7:

though definitely nervous , I can't say it was fright of them.
Old "one eye" the night before on the boardwalk did throw more a shock trough me.
reminded me of a movie Vampire or Ghoul :laughing9:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
1 more thing. Put regular hollow points in it. God forbid you ever had to use it and now you're in court trying to explain to a judge and jury that you're not bloodthirsty and why you had to have "Exxxtreme Penetrator!" or "RIP" rounds that cost 1.50 per bullet in your gun.
A hollow point is a hollow point regardless of what they are named,they're all designed to do the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live north of you. I'm sorry to say but, we are going the same route as Cali. We've got "Moonbeams" cousin running our state. More restrictive guns laws coming down the pike.:censored:
We just got Governor Nuisance he's worse than moonbeam wants to give the state back to Mexico and pay them for taking it.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
We just got Governor Nuisance he's worse than moonbeam wants to give the state back to Mexico and pay them for taking it.

Thats not so bad, everything is cheaper there, you could dredge, police tend to look away at things that may happen to Libs. Guns, wont even go there, I was born in Mexico, family still has ranches on both sides, I have heard the opinion of what people claim are gun laws there but I have never seen them.

Nov 22, 2018
PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a big thing typed up to let you know that hollow points are not just hollow points (That sounds like something i'd hear on CNN) but if you have to ask i'll assume you don't shoot and just say

OK.

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Concerning the original question, if I assume for concealed carry someone is looking for a good quality, accurate, well made, concealable, pistol ... I've compiled the rating/reviews of over 400 pistols (no revolvers) into a searchable database and searched (just a guess what might be good as CC while detecting) using these keywords: "small", "High-rating", "light", "Accurate", "less recoil", "Cheap pistol" and here are the results (for entertainment purposes):

PhoenixHP22AHP22A.22 LR$140
Kel-TecPMR-30No. 40832026722 WMR$425
Springfield AmoryXD-S 3.3XDS9339B9 mm$494
Springfield AmoryArmory SD Mod.23.0 inch Subcompact9 mm$556
CZ USA75 B MATTE STAINLESS911289 mm$500
Taurus709 Slim1-709031FS9 mm$198
S&WM&P9 Shield1800219 mm$394
If you list the traits you are looking for (up to 10) I can see what pops up. Pistol filtering is limited to the following keywords: Small, Full-sized, Light, Heavy, Accurate, Cheap ammo, Cheap pistol, High-rating, Less Recoil, High-Cap, DA, SA, DA/SA and/or a particular caliber(s) like 40SW, 45ACP, 9mm, 50GI, .357Sig, 10mm). Because I'm not interested in less powerful pistols than 9mm, results typically don't include smaller calibers since they aren't in the database (in this case a few .22s showed up because they are highly rated and interesting at the time).

-Jackalope

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a big thing typed up to let you know that hollow points are not just hollow points (That sounds like something i'd hear on CNN) but if you have to ask i'll assume you don't shoot and just say

OK
You don't know me too well do you:laughing9:Are all hollow points designed to expand?whether lead,jacketed or semi jacketed,or are they not?

mrmilom1990

Jan 16, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking to get a good firearm for beach detecting protection. Something concealed of course and can handle a the saltwater environment. I am not looking to submerge it as it would go in a dry box when I decide to hit the water.

Since you're looking for a CC gun for your specific activity, how about using a pocket pistol? It's smaller yet handy. I did some research and here's what I got for you: https://gunnewsdaily.com/best-pocket-pistols/. I'm sure this will be perfect for you.

Let me know what you think. Cheers! :)

Honeyman

Apr 5, 2015
Cleveland OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a CCP an carry a parkerized keltec P32. Very small and light.

OP
OP
T

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since you're looking for a CC gun for your specific activity, how about using a pocket pistol? It's smaller yet handy. I did some research and here's what I got for you: https://gunnewsdaily.com/best-pocket-pistols/. I'm sure this will be perfect for you.

Let me know what you think. Cheers! :)

My activities for this would be multi-purpose like detecting and Personal protection I am considering the glock 26 in 9mm. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
doesn't matter what you carry in a salt environment just remember when done for the day wipe off with a nice oily rag and get that salt air film off of it even stainless will pit

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever the make, model or cal., I'm thinking "open carry" would keep the more curious away on a "busy" beach.....just a thought. Just a little humor here fella's, no need to pay attention to it.

OP
OP
T

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
doesn't matter what you carry in a salt environment just remember when done for the day wipe off with a nice oily rag and get that salt air film off of it even stainless will pit
I have seen what salt water and sand can do to firearms as I was assigned to a special forces unit for a few years. Will always do a good cleaning to it just like my detector and other gear after a outing.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pocket gun, 380. Many brands to choose from,easy to conceal, you do not have long range but as much stopping power as the 9mm. Prospecting I open carry my sig 40, and conceal carry my 380, I am usually 20-25 miles from the boarder, and only use ear buds so I can hear what is around me. The military taught me to be aware of your surroundings

Dechert360

Feb 1, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I used to pocket carry a S&W Bodyguard .380 in a DeSantis Nemesis holster. Completely disappeared in any pants or shorts even board and gym shorts.

Barrell

Jul 27, 2012
Fort Pierce,FL
Primary Interest:
And true revolvers never jam. A 44 is a whopper and a heavy one. If I had to carry a big pile of lead in my pocket or holster, I would not want a lot of it. But of course it has the most knock down. I would think a light 9 mm would be fine.

The fbi's police involved shooting statistics show the 9mm is veyr effective and stopping.With a 9mm its all about the ammo. Police ammo is 1400fps and the hollow points are designed to make it through heavy clothing and stop. All that being said 9mm are not as easy to conceal when wearing a bathing suit. The glock single stack 43 is getting decent reviews. I carry a Taurus ch85 in stainless sometimes. Its a 5 shot 38 with a concealed hammer. More comfortable then most auto pistols. Using 38 plus P ammo its gets extremely close to 357 mag performance I still want something small that will fit in my swimsuit pocket so Im buying a Ruger lpc2. Every gun shop has shelves full as they are selling like crazy for around $250. They are a 6 shot 380. Not the best round for killing but you never want to kill , you want to stop.

Last edited:

Barrell

Jul 27, 2012
Fort Pierce,FL
Primary Interest:
My activities for this would be multi-purpose like detecting and Personal protection I am considering the glock 26 in 9mm. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

The 26 is a double stack mag and it stands out under your t shirt and really digs into your hip or ankle. I wore one as a backup gun for 12 years. Look at the new glock 43 single stack if you really must have a glock 9mm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread