Cut CW bullet, shoe buckle frame bit, other oldies, clad and a non dug silver quarter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather is still being a pain here. In the 20s or teens overnight and above freezing some days so the ground is semi frozen and rock hard in some spots to the east and at home frozen solid. So the places I really want to get to will have to wait until things get better and I am just going places with a little promise but are diggable for the most part. All my searches in this post were done with my old reliable CZ21.

I made 2 trips to campus. On the first one I extended my grid from before and in 5 hours I found 45 coins with a face value of $3.28, 2 odd brass bits, a Wilson Bohannan key made sometime after 1927(probably 1950s to present day), a tiny piece of a shoe buckle frame, a flattened round ball, a modern lead bullet, tabs and the usual junk.

BC175D2C-F640-42A4-B79D-C8C6841A24C8.jpeg

918FF6F9-925E-49D2-947E-4A206F514D65.jpeg

The bit of shoe buckle frame is a center piece with the hole for the central pin and has a nice design. I worked a wide area around it, but could not find any more of the frame.

83C9527A-0FAD-4C26-ABE5-B8E3BA2CD9B0.jpeg

EE294099-B10C-4998-A47F-0C8F22F17C2B.jpeg

I tried a different spot on my next trip but didn’t have a lot of luck. In 4 hours I found 35 coins with a face value of $1.56, 2 half keys (chopped by a lawn mower from the looks of them), the back disc of a copper rivet, tabs and junk. Not a great spot, but I didn’t get skunked.

7D3B5671-2275-43EB-BC9F-2B941E660345.jpeg

Weekend arrived so I went back to the civil war bullet school and swung my detector for 5 hours. The weather was nasty, 30 degrees with 40 mile an hour wind gusts and about 45 minutes of hard snow that made for blizzard like conditions. I found 54 coins with a face value of $2.99, a big ring (cheapie), part of an old spoon or fork handle, a modern copper jacket bullet, a civil war bullet, a chunk of camp lead, a 1919 wheatie, tabs, pieces of copper flashing and assorted other junk.

DA618715-E2E3-49AA-878A-3DAEBE4860D3.jpeg

The ring looked good when it popped out , but when I got a better look I could see it was junk darn it. The civil war bullet looked like a Williams cleaner without the base stem. When I got it cleaned up I could see it is actually a minie ball with square groves and a cone cavity that has been cut down. This is the second carved bullet from this site.

474CBD01-E4D7-48FF-B851-9316BB551991.jpeg

The weather got warmer and I was able to find some thawed spots at the other school I have permission to detect. The weather channel said it was 36, but when I got there it was 26. I did find a diggable section so I went to work. I spent 5.5 hours swingin and when I left it was 62 (thank you God for some warmth). I found 120 coins with a face value of $9.94, the back of a web belt buckle (marked SOLID BRASS), a HONDA small engine key, an interesting brass whatzit, a pull off game tab, more can tabs, and an assortment of junk. Normally you don’t find a lot of nickels, but today was nickel day. 34 nickels along with 34 dime and 34 pennies not a normal coin count that’s for sure.

4F6815D8-6608-4B47-97A0-9E4636016781.jpeg

The whatzit is interesting. It has a screw in base and a central part that would swivel. The top piece that swivels is broken off, no idea how much is missing.

5C3409AE-30A1-4D03-B9ED-CCC9B417C6EA.jpeg

On the way home I stopped to pick up a few things and I got this in my change. It is rather dirty, but a it is a 1961 D silver quarter. Treasure is where you find it so I’ll take it.

3D5884AB-16CD-4431-8922-0041A18F241A.jpeg

So a good week considering the poor weather and ground conditions. A few oldies, decent clad and a silver. My next hunt will be on a beach in Florida. Much warmer and no frozen ground to deal with hurray! I hope I get lucky. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Attachments

• 1D667EA0-F7BE-457F-A6AC-714A0479F5F3.jpeg
    1D667EA0-F7BE-457F-A6AC-714A0479F5F3.jpeg
    379.2 KB · Views: 29
Upvote 6

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather is still being a pain here. In the 20s or teens overnight and above freezing some days so the ground is semi frozen and rock hard in some spots to the east and at home frozen solid. So the places I really want to get to will have to wait until things get better and I am just going places with a little promise but are diggable for the most part. All my searches in this post were done with my old reliable CZ21.

I made 2 trips to campus. On the first one I extended my grid from before and in 5 hours I found 45 coins with a face value of $3.28, 2 odd brass bits, a Wilson Bohannan key made sometime after 1927(probably 1950s to present day), a tiny piece of a shoe buckle frame, a flattened round ball, a modern lead bullet, tabs and the usual junk.

View attachment 2012020

View attachment 2012022

The bit of shoe buckle frame is a center piece with the hole for the central pin and has a nice design. I worked a wide area around it, but could not find any more of the frame.

View attachment 2012027

View attachment 2012021

I tried a different spot on my next trip but didn’t have a lot of luck. In 4 hours I found 35 coins with a face value of $1.56, 2 half keys (chopped by a lawn mower from the looks of them), the back disc of a copper rivet, tabs and junk. Not a great spot, but I didn’t get skunked.

View attachment 2012023

Weekend arrived so I went back to the civil war bullet school and swung my detector for 5 hours. The weather was nasty, 30 degrees with 40 mile an hour wind gusts and about 45 minutes of hard snow that made for blizzard like conditions. I found 54 coins with a face value of $2.99, a big ring (cheapie), part of an old spoon or fork handle, a modern copper jacket bullet, a civil war bullet, a chunk of camp lead, a 1919 wheatie, tabs, pieces of copper flashing and assorted other junk.

View attachment 2012024

The ring looked good when it popped out , but when I got a better look I could see it was junk darn it. The civil war bullet looked like a Williams cleaner without the base stem. When I got it cleaned up I could see it is actually a minie ball with square groves and a cone cavity that has been cut down. This is the second carved bullet from this site.

View attachment 2012026

The weather got warmer and I was able to find some thawed spots at the other school I have permission to detect. The weather channel said it was 36, but when I got there it was 26. I did find a diggable section so I went to work. I spent 5.5 hours swingin and when I left it was 62 (thank you God for some warmth). I found 120 coins with a face value of $9.94, the back of a web belt buckle (marked SOLID BRASS), a HONDA small engine key, an interesting brass whatzit, a pull off game tab, more can tabs, and an assortment of junk. Normally you don’t find a lot of nickels, but today was nickel day. 34 nickels along with 34 dime and 34 pennies not a normal coin count that’s for sure.

View attachment 2012028

The whatzit is interesting. It has a screw in base and a central part that would swivel. The top piece that swivels is broken off, no idea how much is missing.

View attachment 2012029

On the way home I stopped to pick up a few things and I got this in my change. It is rather dirty, but a it is a 1961 D silver quarter. Treasure is where you find it so I’ll take it.

View attachment 2012019

So a good week considering the poor weather and ground conditions. A few oldies, decent clad and a silver. My next hunt will be on a beach in Florida. Much warmer and no frozen ground to deal with hurray! I hope I get lucky. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2012020

View attachment 2012022

View attachment 2012027

View attachment 2012021

View attachment 2012023

View attachment 2012024

View attachment 2012026

View attachment 2012028

View attachment 2012029

View attachment 2012019

Thanks for the pics!
Great stuff…! 👍

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2012020

View attachment 2012022

View attachment 2012027

View attachment 2012021

View attachment 2012023

View attachment 2012024

View attachment 2012026

View attachment 2012028

View attachment 2012029

View attachment 2012019

great haul and really cool finds, thanks for posting the detail

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread