What's new

Cut LC~~~Not!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
8,838
Reaction score
9,870
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wayne County, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. Got out this morning to scout a little bit in the bean fields I got permission for last week. Finds were very minimal again. I did get what I thought was a cut LC. I put it away in my finds pouch after digging it at 4 inches and continued hunting. I found the little flat button ( 16.55 mm ) about 45 minutes later and it was the last decent target. Once I got back to the vehicle, I wiped the LC a bit and saw 1857. I thought that was pretty cool since that was the last year they were minted. Once I got home and brushed it a bit, I can see it is NOT an LC. You can see " unum " on the front and " for defence " ( should be spelled " defense " ) on the reverse with " not one cent " where it should say " one cent " if it were real. It is also 28.25 mm. Not exactly sure what I found, lol. Thanks for looking and your thoughts.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415904478.262506.webp
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415904504.021234.webp
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415904549.449710.webp
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415904575.902034.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 46
Very nice find OD. I agree with the other guys, that is better than an regular old LC. Good show may man! GL&HH.
 
Very nice find OD. I agree with the other guys, that is better than an regular old LC. Good show may man! GL&HH.

I like it cause Cjon doesn't have one, ha!
 
made a good screwdriver back in the day
 
Ok, I can't top that pic....that was a good one, lol.
 
Speaking of sexual orientation isn't politically correct, young man!

Whoa whoa whoa if I recall weren't you the one to tell another man you liked his bottom or something along those lines? LolIMG_115423832865824.webp
 
I think the cut gives it character. This is my hard times mamajama from 1837.

Cool find!
 

Attachments

  • image-2653131893.webp
    image-2653131893.webp
    75.7 KB · Views: 125
  • image-1748679087.webp
    image-1748679087.webp
    80.6 KB · Views: 128
Like what the members say a very cool find...
 
I never seen one before,that is really neat!
 
Awesome finds.
Even though it's cut it's still a cool token. The fact that it was cut tells a bit of a story.

Congrats.
 
Hey, if either of you guys ever need a new partner once this one is dissolved, I can be available. ;) LOL

I dunno, good Ole dave and I are bestest buddies ever, we even have our own handshake lol.....

All kidding aside, cmon up sometime, we don't have a million spots but im sure we can muster up something
 
Last edited:
Great find! I would love to know the story behind it and why it was cut! Very nice :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom