What's new

CW frame buckle or older?

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
376
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this near a CW battle site today and need help identifying it. I know it is not a Georgia frame buckle as it is not brass. It measures 3 1/2" wide and 2 1/2" high with three notches in the middle for the prongs. This area also dates back to the 1700's and is one of the oldest areas in Tennessee. I know it is 1800's or older.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01735.webp
    DSC01735.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC01737.webp
    DSC01737.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC01738.webp
    DSC01738.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC01735.webp
    DSC01735.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC01737.webp
    DSC01737.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC01738.webp
    DSC01738.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 215
It looks like thin, stamped iron--rather than cast iron. The style of it also screams early 20th c. to me--or at most, Victorian. I do not think it is a frame buckle. Google "frame buckle" along with "Civil War" and look at the styles.

Best Wishes,


Buckles
 
Upvote 0
I am pretty certain it is a sash buckle. Don't think its military issued though.
 
Upvote 0
DirtyMike said:
I am pretty certain it is a sash buckle. Don't think its military issued though.

I am having trouble locating an example of a sash buckle that is made of iron. Do you have a link, or have you dug an example? :help:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom