What's new

CW related...dont know??

civilman1

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2005
Messages
9,388
Reaction score
1,685
Golden Thread
0
Location
PA-MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CW related...don't know??

One of today's find's that I can't figure out....Solid brass,1 1/2" in dia.,almost 3/4" at the thickest point with a 1/4" hole @ 1/4" deep.....Any Idea's would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • P3310006.webp
    P3310006.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 426
  • P3310001.webp
    P3310001.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 425
  • P3310005.webp
    P3310005.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 423
  • P3310006.webp
    P3310006.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 432
  • P3310001.webp
    P3310001.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 432
  • P3310005.webp
    P3310005.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 422
Upvote 0
Re: CW related...don't know??

I've seen alot of stuff and can't say I've seen anything like that CW oriented.

Whatever it is, it looks like it probably had a rubber ring/seal/grommet that would fit in that groove.

They did alot of machining on that flat top too.
 
Re: CW related...don't know??

looks like a piston almost. i dont see a spot where the rod would attach though ??? ??? ??? unless that hole in the side was for that?
 
Re: CW related...don't know??

No clue as to its identity but I bet it rang in loud and clear!
Mike
 
Re: CW related...don't know??

was surfing thru and found this post...nuttin like puttin my 2 cents in after a few months huh...any way,what you're holding looks like a part of some type of music box the peice you found would be wound up and would rotate and the "bumps" on the top would hit the keys(for lack of a better word,not sure what they are called) almost looks like a comb with metal teeth..pic is obviously not exact but gives an idea of what I mean
 

Attachments

  • CylinderPinningDemo.webp
    CylinderPinningDemo.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 275

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom