D-guard Bowie

jhamner

Dec 2, 2008
I know this is not the proper place to post this, and if the moderators want to move or delete it, it is fine with me. I just wanted to share an interesting story. I have a friend who just started making knives as a hobby a few months ago. Knowing I would never own a d-guard Bowie, I jokingly told him he needed to make me one and told him the basics of what one looks like. In less than 5 days he came up with this and brought it to me today--thus Today's Finds. I'm no expert, but I thought for a first time trial this thing is awesome! Again, my apologies for posting here, but I think the man has found his calling!

Attachments

• IMG_7750.JPG
    IMG_7750.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 133

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now you need a belt sheath!:occasion14:

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... you found out that you got it today, so it is Today's Find! Thanks for sharing. :icon_thumright:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good effort for a first attempt, although it is lacking the characteristics
of a Bowie knife.

Have him look at some Bowie knife images before he tries again.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats pretty cool looking. Id say its a tanto or drop point style blade. I would HIGHLY recommend NOT using it. With all those dimples in the blade it will surely break on the first hack into anything. It will display very nicely tho.

OP
OP
J

jhamner

Dec 2, 2008
Thats pretty cool looking. Id say its a tanto or drop point style blade. I would HIGHLY recommend NOT using it. With all those dimples in the blade it will surely break on the first hack into anything. It will display very nicely tho.

Thank you. Yes--display only. I'm too old to handle this thing anyway! By the way, I gave the maker an old hay knife to make the blade from. It was rusty and slightly pitted, thus the marks on the blade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread