Dang Kansas Tornado Followed us Home

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Girls and I are official Missourians now..just rode out our first tornado in the neighbors storm shelter....whoo baby
Girls were getting ready for school when warnings started ...stepped out to look and black wall cloud right on top of us and sirens blaring...grabbed the chickies and ran to neighbors....who grabbed us and went into shelter....lasted about ten minutes and then cleared...guess people south of us weren't so luck and lost some buildings....our house is here...my girls are here ...so that was one way to start a day....LOL

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your all safe and thanks for taking one of the tornados with you. We have all we want. :laughing7:

Burdie

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Burdie said:
Glad your all safe and thanks for taking one of the tornados with you. We have all we want. :laughing7:

Burdie
Last time we saw it ,it was headed south on down to Arkansas...so hoping eveyone stays safe this morning

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you have a neighbor who has a storm shelter to get in. They are a life saver for sure!!! Did you click your heels three times and wish for fast feet to run with?? I'm glad you are safe and didn't loose any property.

Steve ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Gracious goodness! So glad you guys are safe! What a way to get out of school eh? lol

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear ya'll are safe!!!!
All my friends back at college had to evacuate to their underground shelters, and Hannah texted me early this morning telling me her and her family had to go down to their basement because of the sirens.
I don't miss that crazy weather!!! And I'm glad everyone ended up being alright!

Bran <><

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Christy, keep a watch out for them blasted tornados!!! :o You girls gotta stay safe so y'all can make it to CTH4. :icon_sunny:

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer,

If we see a tornado here, it's right over our heads because we can't see for the trees. We keep close tabs on the weather bureau radar here just for that reason. I am a Ham operator and when warnings are issued, one of the hams here heads for the weather bureau and broadcast directly to us on 2 meters and we report conditions as we are trained as spotters. It works out good for us because we are in direct contact with the weather bureau.

Steve ;D

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So very glad all are safe! I am getting in on them from the start from here now I am called in by the EOC an answer phones while shes on the radios and I will be sending reports from spotters to Natl. Weather Service as they are happening! But, at least I will be in a sfe spot basement of the PD now the only thing I have to worry about are Tammy an the grandkids an their daddy if hes not at work !

Silversmith45

Greenie
May 16, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Tek 9000, Tek G2, Tek Delta, Garrett 2500, Tesoro Sidewinder, Fisher CZ-6, Fisher ID Edge ,Original Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People around here are so used to them, when the sirens sound, they go outside to look for them. When they sounded the other night, the radio said there were about three hundred people (annual Wichita River Festival) standing outside downtown watching the clouds. I was detecting. The only time I can find the tot lots empty. The tornados last night went just north and west of the city.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember the first time I saw a tornado. I was 12 years old and I was on a road trip with friends in texas and a storm hit out of nowhere as we were going down the highway and the tornado touched down in the field about 100 yards away from the road and scared all of us . The 2nd time I saw a tornado was in the small town of Buffalo Gap TX when I was 15 years old . I was at my moms house visiting family when the storm hit . The tornado did some damage to the neighbors property but it didn't touch my moms property. After that my mom left texas and hasn't been back since. I prefer the earthquakes I grew up with in california to tornadoes.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I growing up with tornados use to them but more scared of Earthquake since I've only felt a little tremor here once in a coons age. I know the storms here are scary you never know where they are gowing, an we need better warning but .... I think its just what your use to!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread