Darn - it is only a solid roll of 40% (Picture Added!)

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I know - crazy **** here, but, listen to this one. I stopped at a bank that has only once in a year even given me any coins (it was a solid roll of 40%) but usually I get nothing, nada, not a single coin and attitude, except from one teller, the one who gave me that solid roll a year ago. Today I go in and she is there again so I ask for halves. She says "oh yea, in the vault" and goes for them. When she returns she says I guess we sold them but I have four rolls here. I say I'll take them and expect the usual skunks.

Well - I get out to my car and spill out the first roll into my hand...solid walkers! I look at the other three rolls with the same wrappers and think this is gonna be nice!~ :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :headbang: Next roll, all Bens, 3rd roll - half Walkers and half Kennedy 64s. And here comes the crazy **** - last roll all 40%! >:( I have to laugh, being disappointed because it was only a roll of 40%! No major key dates on the walkers or bens but still some nice ones with an 18s, 20s, 37d, 36d and a few others interesting coins. I gotta charge up my camera so I can and get a few pictures up. The best part of this story is that I wasn't even gonna hit any banks but my source bank was late on getting my boxes so I hit a few on the way to work. You just never know, some of my best finds have been in banks that have had no results for months upon months but persistence does pay off...also I'm still wondering about what got sold off from the vault... :tongue3:

Maine_Jim

Attachments

• 3Rolls90sAndOne40s.jpg
    3Rolls90sAndOne40s.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 306
Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Darn - it is only a solid roll of 40%

Nice! Pictures please! :laughing7:

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008

What a killing. You just never know when the big one is going to hit. Solid Walkers, oh my god !

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG, waiting on the pics. Seeing a lot of good road trips from people here lately.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

Good score Jim !! :thumbsup: There seems to be an awful lot of solid or near solid rolls of silver being recovered lately.

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009

I almost got chest pains from 3 rolls of 40% - 1 roll of 40% and 3 rolls of 90% would have put on a gurney! :laughing9:

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Finally got access to a camera. Nice to see some solid silver on the monitor!

Maine_Jim

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be happy with just one 40% single solid roll

Dw

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread