What's new

Dateless SLQ and 1951s Rosie today

BandB1

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
1,558
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello SE Michigan here.

Funny how things work out- Been hitting the same spot at the metro park for my last 10 hunts.
​
Didn't find one silver coin, but did find over 40 wheats, just kept plugging away
​
hoping to dig a silver. Well today after about two hours and only 2 wheats, some clad
​
and memorials I decided to move to another spot. I crossed the road, went about
​
250 yards north of where I was hunting and my very first coin was a 51's rosie
​
(hello silver my old friend) good to see again, then my very next coin 10 or so feet away
​
a dateless SLQ. This park is about 6 miles long and not so wide 1/4 mile in spots

​
maybe a mile or so in others.

[attachment=1]
[attachment=2]

Good luck,
HH.
 

Attachments

  • slqr.webp
    slqr.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 164
  • slqr1.webp
    slqr1.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 163
nice job on the silver! :icon_thumright: gotta be more, good luck. I love those SLQ's, I'm still waiting to dig one, congrats!
 
Good on the silver B, how dare they design a coin in which the date wears so quickly....the two I have dug have also been dateless. Congrats! ffd
 
Great score on the SLQ and rosie :thumbsup:
 
That is great! In ten years I have only one SLQ.. :)
 
Sweet silver! :hello2: Glad your persistence is paying off.

HH
 
Thanks all, was a bit of a joy to get silver after such a drought(10 hunts.)

​
This is my second SLQ, both dateless, I don't mind the design flaw
​
( the date sticking too high up, subject to hyper-wear) that just makes
​
finding one(pre 25') w/ date intact all the more sweeter. Hopefully one day.

Good luck,
HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom