What's new

Day at the beach with the Excalibur

mlayers

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
5,579
Reaction score
429
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my Excalibur a couple of weeks ago. This is the second time that I had had it out. I hunted about 2 1/2 hours. All I found was clad and a cheap ring. I ended up with 5-Q's, 1-D, 5-N.s and 12-P's. plus the usual pull tabs and foil. I guess I am starting to learn some of the sounds but I did dig a lot of false signals. As I could not find anything. Then on the way home I hit a school yard and found another .83 in clad. So I found a total of $2.55 for the day.....Matt
 
Upvote 0
Good hunting ML, There has to be some old swimming holes around you...lots of history in that state....Best of Luck to you with the New Excal...Great Machine.....................JOe
 
jeez olde do you post on everything?
 
Matt the more you get out the faster you will learn the sounds. Heck if it beeps I scoop it so try to remember the low growl the Excal makes on gold. Try it with a ring on top of the sand, and don't forget to pick it up when you are done. :laughing7:
 
Nice work. I hunted a big beach on erie close to you, I found 2 rings but the PI I had sure found tons of iron. I will be up your way in a month or so... :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom