Day in the life of a CRH with pics

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Tanner is at camp this week but it did not stop me from searching today. I though I would share my CRH experiences for Aug 8, 2012. Not much silver found but it was a fun day!

8:25 am - Leave for work
8:30 am - Stopped for gas at a station that takes in a lot of coins and will sell me rolls. They did not have any.
8:45 am - Stopped a Kroger Grocery store to pick up some straws. A lady was dumping change into a Coin Star. I patiently waited trying hard not to appear to be a stalker. She left her reject coins which I collected ~ 2 clad dimes, 1 Canadian nickel, 4 Canadian cents, 1 US cent and 1 mercury dime 1938.:hello2: My firsts Coin Star Silver in 5 months.
9:00 am Drive to Bay City, MI for work. I searched about $10 in cents as I was driving. (yes I CRH while driving) I will pick up about four cents at a time, give them a glance, flip over one or two to tails, check for wheat backs and toss them into plastic cup. Any wheats found are dropped in a cup holder. = 6 wheats (oldest 1917 d):headbang: still needed for the found in the wild book.
I arrived a little early for work and was able to stop at 3 banks
Bank 1 - $10 in customer rolled halves and $3 from the tray = SKUNK
Bank 2 - $3.50 from a tray = SKUNK (eye balled tellers tray for any silver dimes or quarters)
Bank 3 - $160 Customer rolls, (cool old looking nasty rolls) = 1 40%
11:30 am Show Time.
1:00 pm Start back home, on the way out of Bay City I stopped at two more banks
Bank 4 - $20 in customer rolled halves = SKUNK
Bank 5 - no halves in bank (eye balled tellers tray for any silver dimes or quarters)
2:30 - Nearing home stop a my dump bank and replenish my cash.
2:40 - Home.

At each bank I bought $5 in cents for a total of $25. Driving I home I searched about $15 and scored 5 wheats from the rolls searched. One roll contained 41 wheats:icon_thumright: (all common 1950's) It was in a common wrapper so I do not know what bank it came from. When I buy rolls of cents while searching for halves, when I come across some odd looking rolls I will take a quick peek in the car, In case it is a good score.
3:30 pm - Arrived home.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• Day in the life.JPG
    Day in the life.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow your crazy like me i would the same thing.

Nice finds! I love finding those old wheaties. Even better finding key dates :)

Nice finds. I still love pennies, even tho they aren't as lucrative (usu) as halves.

I'm takin a road trip tomorrow & plan to buy/search up to $3000 in the car while driving. If you can't drive/CRH @ same time, you aren't a real man! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back