Dear Minelab...

Jury Duty

Greenie
Aug 8, 2008
I recently purchase one of your new Excalibur II units. Thank you for shipping it promptly. I was quite exited to receive this detector as I have heard great things about it from several sources; great depth, good tone i.d., discrimination, etc. I have attempted to prove all of these wonderful attributes on the beach and in the surf and report back to you with tales of excitement and treasure. It is with great regret that I cannot, at this time, testify to the superior abilities of your product due to the unfortunate fact that the coil is 8" above the ground while in a standing position.

While I am sure that this is an oversight on the part of your engineers, you may wish to investigate the height of the average man to determine an acceptable length for this apparatus. Apparently, finding objects buried beneath the Earth is easy when compared to designing a stick. Might I suggest that you contact a broom or mop manufacturer or perhaps the Geico Cavemen for advice on this matter.

I am aware that you also manufacture a "tall man's shaft". I will not be purchasing one due the fact that, around here, "getting the tall man's shaft" is what we call it when we pay $1200 for something that doesn't work unless you purchase additional accessories- so I think I may have already received this. I won't even mention the "side mount shaft". That's another topic altogether. But hey; at least you guys sent me a key chain and "finds bag". Thanks Minelab!

p.s. Thank you for making this machine look like it can shoot water 200' (I tell folks that mine is also a laser gun and a flashlight- no one has doubted me yet). I would like to recommend that the Excalibur III come with a large neon sign that reads "Ask me what the best thing I ever found is". I never get tired of explaining what this thing is and, thanks to the stylish dayglow colors, I may never have to!

Upvote 0

becket1

Greenie
Aug 18, 2008
Cartman would have a good line for some of this :).
Its all good, I was stuck for three days with no power half the time because of Fay, and was trying to lighten my mood as much as yours. Hope things work out on your end. I honestly can't understand why a machine of that price range would need anything else, unless the electronics are staggeringly better than all others; though I am sure it is high quality inside. I am in the recent past with my Whites pi beach machine and 6000 id pro, so I am not up on push button stuff. I'm kinda like the Comcast turtle, that needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21-st century...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread