What's new

Death Beach, Fl.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2007
Messages
7,253
Reaction score
8,542
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
What a beautiful here on the central left coast of Florida. (St. Pete) It's a lovely 82 degrees for you folks stuck in the northern latitudes. I cant' help it, I've got to go do a little beach hunting. Today, I don't feel like the regular beach, I'm going to go to a little used out of the way spot that you can only get to by boat.

So, I splash my little dinghy, load up the 'tectors and off I go.

The first thing I get to is this poor horseshoe crab...

And then I see more- must have been close to a dozen washed up on the beach.

crab.webp


So, with the hunting gear set up, off I go...

beach.webp

Within an hour I've got 3 cremation tags, 6 cents, one pull tab and a chunk of a boat prop blade tip.

tags.webp

Just a little go much death here on the beach... so I do the next best thing- I head for lunch.

On the way out I toss the tags into deeper water- anybody here ever save them? One tag had the full name and address on it. I thought, how creepy it would be to get this back in the mail.
 
Upvote 0
One tag had the full name and address on it. I thought, how creepy it would be to get this back in the mail.
Actually 2 of them do. One just needs cleaned.

That is pretty creepy though, to find 3 tags all in the same day in the same vicinity.

PS- Personally, I wish it would cool off some. It's too hot for this time of year.
 
82 is too hot for our summers. Glad you got out though. I have never found a cremation tag and hope I never do, not on a list of things I would like to find, if I had a list.
 
I have found a couple of those tags, and yeah, it's kinda creepy. Just the circle of life (and death) I suppose. :dontknow:
Did you know, that the blue blood of the horseshoe crab is used to make anti-coagulant for medical surgeries?
It can be withdrawn from the crab, not harming him, and he can be released. (if my memory serves correct on these things)
Better luck on your next hunt!
 
Who in their right mind would bothering tagging a bunch of dead crabs? :icon_scratch: Spooky, indeed! :laughing7:
 
the 82 is but a blurb on the planet. Gasparilla hasn't gone on yet and that is usually when it is nasty in this section of the world. We get the winds of March in February and that second month can be a rough one.

is that abandoned pier still there on that island? I was thinking about doing that area this weekend.
 
Dead horseshoe crabs, cremation tags, glad you made it back from Death Beach. :laughing7:
 
Yah I agree. 82 is too hot. Better send it to central NY.
 
Death or no death.....thats a nice lookin beach..
 
Did you know, that the blue blood of the horseshoe crab is used to make anti-coagulant for medical surgeries?
It can be withdrawn from the crab, not harming him, and he can be released.

I've got to look into this... it sounds like a business opportunity!
 
is that abandoned pier still there on that island? I was thinking about doing that area this weekend.

No abandoned pier here, unless it's on the back side... Lots of things changed after Hurricane Debby. The pass around the back side has shoaled in and I can't get back there...
 
is that abandoned pier still there on that island? I was thinking about doing that area this weekend.

I was at Beer Can island the beginning of this week. Nothing left but pilings if that is where you are talking about.

My finds were on Shell Key.
 
Damn, thought I was the only one with the idea to search party islands. Anybody ever do any good?
 
Ok Drop 15 degrees and send them this Way Fast So it will Be warm enough for red and I to Get Out Again!!! Please!!! HH Chug
 
Death seems to follow you around, you were at Pass-A-Grill and watched those folks drowned shortly after Debbie right? I remember since you snapped a photo of me entering the water before I noticed you rooting around at the waters edge then you slithered back here and used "literary license" to relate the events of your day......in fact I've hunted that beach some hundred times since and have yet to meet you.....
The "putz"
 
Death seems to follow you around, you were at Pass-A-Grill and watched those folks drowned shortly after Debbie right? I remember since you snapped a photo of me entering the water before I noticed you rooting around at the waters edge then you slithered back here and used "literary license" to relate the events of your day......in fact I've hunted that beach some hundred times since and have yet to meet you.....
The "putz"
I remember that post...did you really throw the crab trap pieces back in the water after you dug them?
 
No, I pick up all my trash.

Bill, I also don't jump right in front of anybody else that's hunting, walk the same lane, in the same direction... I go a ways down and start a different area. Just being a bit respectful.

I have tried to hunt party islands and spots before. You have to dig a serious amount of trash to get anything good.
 
I'm on the East side, close to Smyrna Beach. That's probably the direction I'll be going in after the first week of February with my new Whites GT Coinmaster. I hope I like it as much as everyone seems to. If anybody would like some company hit me up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom