What's new

Death stalks the woods

I don't think all hunters are drunks myself, but there are a lot of people walking around and trespassing on private property that have nothing to do with hunting. I conduct myself by a code of ethics, whether it's metal detecting, hunting or anything else and expect others to do the same. A lot of amateurs think if they have a loaded gun, they are hunters. The experienced and ethical hunters don't worry me, it's the amateur with a belly full of alcohol courage that scares me. If you read the hall of shame column in GON magazine, there's always somebody arrested for hunting under the influence of drugs or alcohol or both. This is no reflection on the ethical hunter, but something I always take into consideration. I wear hunter orange when detecting in isolated or wooded spots, but I don't let this stop me from detecting. Most of the time, back pain controls what I do anyway, not fear. I exercise due caution, but I don't live in fear.
 
I don't think all hunters are drunks myself, but there are a lot of people walking around and trespassing on private property that have nothing to do with hunting. I conduct myself by a code of ethics, whether it's metal detecting, hunting or anything else and expect others to do the same. A lot of amateurs think if they have a loaded gun, they are hunters. The experienced and ethical hunters don't worry me, it's the amateur with a belly full of alcohol courage that scares me. If you read the hall of shame column in GON magazine, there's always somebody arrested for hunting under the influence of drugs or alcohol or both. This is no reflection on the ethical hunter, but something I always take into consideration. I wear hunter orange when detecting in isolated or wooded spots, but I don't let this stop me from detecting. Most of the time, back pain controls what I do anyway, not fear. I exercise due caution, but I don't live in fear.
I hear you...I just don't like getting lumped in with the bad hunters...I agree with everything you said in your last post.
 
sheeze nobody is lumping anybody to anything here...why are ya so defensive?? Anytime you get a large group of humans together there will undoubtedly be screw ups. I think the idea here was just to warn folks to be extra careful because of the hunting going on. You don't have to be a drunk or druggie to accidentally shoot someone. Its a lot easier to be careful than to be dead sir!!!
I hear you...I just don't like getting lumped in with the bad hunters...I agree with everything you said in your last post.
 
I know a LOT of hunters and none of them are drunks......

Quito...nice wall....and that buck of your daughters is a dandy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom