What's new

Death stalks the woods

Last time I went to the best creek I know just before it got cold. I was walking the creek and didnt bother to wear bright colors cause the owner said there wouldnt be anyone out there. All of a sudden a shotgun was going off rite in my ear. I had just found a small point and was onto pottery at the time on a gravel bar. I yelled but it did no good as he just kept shooting. Must of been shooting at dove or geese and it just sounded loud cause I was in the creek. Be careful out there!
 
It is not the best time to be artifact hunting for sure here. There only a few sites I will go to during hunting season, all my creeks are a no no, you will get shot walking in them. I'm not real happy to walk in fields when you know guys have a scope looking at you.
 
Yeah I stay away from the areas on the weekends for sure. I might go to one during the week but stay in the fields till after hunting season and then try to go around 12 pm when the game arent moving. For sure not in the morning or late afternoon. But you can bet I will wear my red hat next time if I go.
 
We are going to have to start painting everything in " blaze orange " one of these days. 3 years ago I was driving down a grid road going to work (during whitetail season) and took a bullet thru the door of my 1/2 ton. Never did see any of the hunters. I guess, S*** happens ! Be careful out there.
 
Yup, I just don't go out during deer season. To many people mixing alcohol & shooting. Lethal combination. I live by a national forest, & hear shots all day. Don't get me wrong, I love a freezer full of venison, but could do with out the crazies
 
I wear an orange vest when I detect during hunting season and if it's cold, a large orange hat. I told Mama, if somebody shoots me it will be on purpose and not an accident. Everybody be careful out there. Too many careless people hunting. Add alcohol and drugs to carelessness and you have a recipe for disaster. I've gained so much weight since I was injured in 1996 that I may look like a bull moose, but they don't wear hunter orange...
 
It starts here next week, I will not be out.
 
I only go in plowed fields Monday through Thursday no earlier than 11:00 a.m. and no later than 3:00 p.m. I always wear orange.
 
I hunt deer and artifacts on the same site. And three of these came from there.

DSCN1731.webp
 
I hunt deer and artifacts on the same site. And three of these came from there. I can climb out of my tree stand, and walk the field above the river.

View attachment 904533
 
I hunt deer and artifacts on the same site. And three of these came from there. I can climb out of my tree stand, and walk the field above the river.

View attachment 904533
Looks like your the only hunter on this thread...they sound like they think hunters are drunk, trigger happy idiots...oh, Im a hunter.
 
hey quito, This is from last year and my first attempt at a euro mount. I only bow hunt. It seems more fair...:thumbsup:DSC09472.webp
 
I hunt as well as fish and metal detect and arrowhead / relic search --not all hunters are trigger happy , drunks I'm happy to say --but wearing hunter "safety" orange while in the woods during hunting season is great ideal.
 
Nice one outlaw, you sure are in a good area for those whitetails. I have a good friend not to far away in Mt Pleasant Ia.
 
some big ones here for sure. I usually take small does but that guy had a very pretty rack
Nice one outlaw, you sure are in a good area for those whitetails. I have a good friend not to far away in Mt Pleasant Ia.
 
That rack is Very similar to a 5x5 my daughter shot a couple years ago. Darn near perfect. She didn't want it hanging on her wall, the crazy girl, so I did a european mount on it.

My wife is fascinated with geodes, and while searching the net this fall she stumbled into some festival she thinks wants to go to, you might know something about this event. Would it be worth the trip?
DSCN1594.webp
 
Last edited:
wow nice BUCK! I don't know about any festivals..where is it too be held?
That rack is Very similar to a 5x5 my daughter shot a couple years ago. Darn near perfect.

My wife is fascinated with geodes, and while searching the net this fall she stumbled into some festival she thinks wants to go to, you might know something about this event. Would it be worth the trip?
View attachment 905563
 
I thought they had a geode fest there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom