What's new

decent hunt 6-17-2014

Red Earth

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2013
Messages
399
Reaction score
328
Golden Thread
0
All creek finds except the big white one.
I really love oval blades. Wish I could find a few larger ones
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140617_205521.webp
    ForumRunner_20140617_205521.webp
    42 KB · Views: 128
  • ForumRunner_20140617_205529.webp
    ForumRunner_20140617_205529.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 115
  • ForumRunner_20140617_205536.webp
    ForumRunner_20140617_205536.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0
I know a guy that calls them "Tear Drop" points. Due to them being small. So do you think it might be a point? I would think if they wanted a scraper they would just chip a piece of flint.
 
real nice
it looks like that material on that little oval was done by a pretty experienced knapper
 
Here are some better shots of the little guy. I actually found it while crossing under an old barbed wire fence that runs through the property and right over the creek I hunt.
It was a pleasant surprise. The tip has a curve in.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140618_080840.webp
    ForumRunner_20140618_080840.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 98
  • ForumRunner_20140618_080848.webp
    ForumRunner_20140618_080848.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 95
  • ForumRunner_20140618_080856.webp
    ForumRunner_20140618_080856.webp
    68.3 KB · Views: 96
Yeah to thick for a point. The ones he finds are bifacial yours is a uni. Still a nice tool
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom