Decided to finally post some finds

Rooter

Apr 14, 2009
Central Florida mountains
Hi Everyone, I enjoy reading about the terrific finds made by forum members and although I do pretty well myself, I have never posted a find until now. Let me start by saying I've been a collector for 40 years. My wife who usually gets burnt out quickly on garage sales (she prefers thrift and antique stores) actually woke me up at 7AM and told me she had found some good sales that we should go to. OK let's go! They were in new neighborhoods so I didn't have much anticipation of finding anything good. The first 2 sales stunk except for some decent watches (Seiko, George, Paul Jardin) I purchased for resale in my sisters thrift store. I usually sell on EBay but anything I find that doesn't do well there will usually sell at the store and give me some kind of profit. My wife decided to stay in the car on for the 3rd sale I went to. I walked into the garage and there were some young guys in their 20's. It was all pretty much junk except for the pair of 1970's Bose 901 series IV speakers with stands sitting in the corner (they need to be cleaned but are in beautiful condition except for 1 scratch). I asked how much and he said $25.00. SOLD! I asked him if he had the rest of the components to go with them (hoping to score a vintage Marantz or Mcintosh receiver or amp)but he said they were his dads and long gone years ago. The last sale produced these books. I purchased all of them for $4.00. They are mostly from around the turn of the century except for the paper backs. The "Star Wars" book is from 1976. The other book is the history of the Volkswagon reprint from 1972. Both will probably sell at the store. I'm having trouble finding values on the others. The "Sherlock Holmes" is a 2nd reprint from 1920. Here's some pictures. Any info on the books would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• RESIZED BOSE.jpg
    RESIZED BOSE.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 546
  • RESIZED BOOKS.jpg
    RESIZED BOOKS.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 545

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bose are great even better at that price

OP
OP
Rooter

Rooter

Apr 14, 2009
Central Florida mountains
Update: Bose should sell tonight for $350.00 from ad on Craigslist. I'm still looking for any info on the value of the books in the picture. Thanks in advance!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread