Decided to hunt a 75' knoll (mound) that divides my home lot and my back lot...

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and I found some Pink Depression Glass (credit goes to flinthunter for how to ID the Glass) and a "rock" that you can check out here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/w...-tinted-glass-pieces-rock-looks-chiseled.html

As flinthunter pointed out; "The piece of chert could have been used as a scraper or small knife but the chips look like natures work, not mans." I found this in a separate hole than the Glass about 6" down.

The Lid and flat metal (part of the Lid) were found below the Glass - the Pink Glass was at 10" and the Lid and pieces were at 12" and deeper. Along with the Lid I found a piece of what looks like a Jar which could of been full of coins - this is what kept me digging until I was basically beating a dead horse as I didn't have any equipment large enough to dig any further. Tomorrow will be a different story.

Here is the picture with the Lid and its parts circled in red. The metal bar appears to have some spikes cut out in a few places - I am not sure what this would be for - and I've circled it in blue and used blue arrows to point out the "spikes". The other items should all be self explanatory.

Here is the picture. If you have any ideas on what any of the items are, please comment. Thanks for looking.

Todays Finds 03_04_2020_0003b.JPG Todays Finds 03_04_2020_0004.JPG Showing the spikes

Cheers.
-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 9

_muppet_

Nov 11, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Left side looks like broken up mason jar lid. They're good at sounding good.

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Left side looks like broken up mason jar lid. They're good at sounding good.

That's what I'm thinking. I hope to find the jar that goes with it full of coinage!

-DH-

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The piece of metal with spikes, is a piece of strap steel that has been heated in a fire or forge and cut with a hammer and chisel. Your likely to find broken tools and pieces of partially completed tools...maybe some blacksmith tools.

Mason jars and lids were very common..likely buried trash. You might find some bottles..maybe some coins.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The piece of metal with spikes, is a piece of strap steel that has been heated in a fire or forge and cut with a hammer and chisel. Your likely to find broken tools and pieces of partially completed tools...maybe some blacksmith tools.

Mason jars and lids were very common..likely buried trash. You might find some bottles..maybe some coins.

Thanks IMAUDIGGER.

I have quite a ways to go hunting this area. I'm going to be busy for quite a while.

-DH-

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, could be a dumping area. Keep at it there are goodies hiding! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions