What's new

Decided to walk...anyway.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,680
Reaction score
43,404
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though I'm having trouble "wanting" to go anymore. I decided that the exercise is still good.

So, I went for a walk, not caring what I might or might not find. I did sort of just go for the easy targets though.

Here's what turned up:

IMG_20250519_163202.webp
IMG_20250519_163055.webp

At least the day kept things a little bit interesting

IMG_20250519_115148.webp

But.....I will never get tired of seeing that!

Hope you enjoyed..

and.....thanks for peeking!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 54
The addiction is a *strong* one! Otherwise, I'd have given in a long time ago. Trouble is, the *boredom* in finds is beginning to overtake.

This attempt was, at best, a half hearted attempt at finding, more....an effort for some exercise. All those "wonderful" finds came at the expense of 4.5 hours of walking! Not much return on the expenditure of time. (Which, at my age is becoming an increasingly expensive "premium" )

And for what, really? One silver ring? I'm just as likely to a silver ring in a parking lot, just by eyeball.

No, I'm not now nor ever have I been about the $$. Still, the time I have left is where I'm trying to be careful about waste.

I'd simply rather be finding a nice, really old coin. Even one would suffice per trip.

Thanks 🌶!
See just not caring gives you a reason to try again.
Congratulations on the silver ring
 
Even though I'm having trouble "wanting" to go anymore. I decided that the exrcise is still good.

So, I went for a walk, not caring what I might or might not find. I did sort of just go for the easy targets though.

Here's what turned up:

View attachment 2208808View attachment 2208809
At least the day kept things a little bit interesting

View attachment 2208811
But.....I will never get tired of seeing that!

Hope you enjoyed..

and.....thanks for peeking!
Where do you get your little shovel that you dig with?
 
Where do you get your little shovel that you dig with?
Ya know? I've had it for so long I don't really remember. But, it wasn't anything special. I believe I got it at a regular hardware store.

Sorry.
 
Even though I'm having trouble "wanting" to go anymore. I decided that the exercise is still good.

So, I went for a walk, not caring what I might or might not find. I did sort of just go for the easy targets though.

Here's what turned up:

View attachment 2208808View attachment 2208809
At least the day kept things a little bit interesting

View attachment 2208811
But.....I will never get tired of seeing that!

Hope you enjoyed..

and.....thanks for peeking!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
The addiction is a *strong* one! Otherwise, I'd have given in a long time ago. Trouble is, the *boredom* in finds is beginning to overtake.

This attempt was, at best, a half hearted attempt at finding, more....an effort for some exercise. All those "wonderful" finds came at the expense of 4.5 hours of walking! Not much return on the expenditure of time. (Which, at my age is becoming an increasingly expensive "premium" )

And for what, really? One silver ring? I'm just as likely to a silver ring in a parking lot, just by eyeball.

No, I'm not now nor ever have I been about the $$. Still, the time I have left is where I'm trying to be careful about waste.

I'd simply rather be finding a nice, really old coin. Even one would suffice per trip.

Thanks 🌶!
In an England club there's a saying that rings true.
NEWBIE LUCK.
So true even on the forum here. You as me and a lot of members/readers have been doing this passion forever it seems.

So we get a tad jaded, we want better because we've put in the time.
We start 🍒 picking the sites.
Newbie digs something regardless of what it probably is actually.
We walk over it, grunt, pass, grunt, pass.
Results are in the pouch.

So then we beat the living crap out of ourselves for it sucks.

Probably the best thing we can do is to park our pride, and start digging like a newbie.
 
In an England club there's a saying that rings true.
NEWBIE LUCK.
So true even on the forum here. You as me and a lot of members/readers have been doing this passion forever it seems.

So we get a tad jaded, we want better because we've put in the time.
We start 🍒 picking the sites.
Newbie digs something regardless of what it probably is actually.
We walk over it, grunt, pass, grunt, pass.
Results are in the pouch.

So then we beat the living crap out of ourselves for it sucks.

Probably the best thing we can do is to park our pride, and start digging like a newbie.
While this is a veritable truth, it doesn't cover my style completely. For, you see, I may cherry 🍒 pick a new to me site for a few trips. (At my age, easy is nice).

But even now, when I can get it truly into drive, I will dig *EVERY* signal. I don't post the garbage.

It's just that nowadays it isn't making any difference. It's not for lack of technology nor skill. I, occasionally, find an old penny as much as 18" deep. I'm also pretty good at spotting a good signal below a bad one. And I always check the hole b4 closing.

As I see it there are at least 3 things that I'm doing wrong.
1. Giving in to the urge to just dig shallow/ and higher targets. For time/body sake.
2. I used to be really good with my researching. Anymore, that just takes too much effort. So, I wind up going to familiar places to cover angles I haven't tried.
And....3. I keep trying to hunt like I did when I was soooo much younger. All that does is tire me out too quickly and I start doing all the easy shortcuts.

I understand and appreciate your feedback. It helps me to realize why. But, one other aspect does play in, and that's the fact that there are less & less targets that are within reach of my detector & old 👂.

Whatever turns out to be the real culprit(s) doesn't matter. If I get enough boredom, I'll hang it up. Til then.......happy hunting!
 
You did good thank for sharing
 
I hear you! My body stand only a little swinging now, and less digging. So I just play at it, and that infrequently. But I have lots of artifacts from earlier hunts to study and write up. But even that is getting difficult, sigh...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom