What's new

Found the oldest thing I've ever found!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,680
Reaction score
43,404
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a short walk. One just never knows what to expect.
Interesting stuff. Kept me going.
IMG_20260428_205723.webp

AMBER.webp

I might as well quit. Never gonna find anything older at this point. 😏
Sterling mounted as well!

Thanks for peeking! 😇
 
Upvote 30
Dang Whadi!

Great outing and recoveries. The menagerie looks impressed.

But yeah on the amber .
Inclusions are interesting and a great mount.
I'd be wearing it around mu=y neck all proud a while. L.o.l..

Congrats.
Sometimes you just gotta take the win and go home.
 
Dang Whadi!

Great outing and recoveries. The menagerie looks impressed.

But yeah on the amber .
Inclusions are interesting and a great mount.
I'd be wearing it around mu=y neck all proud a while. L.o.l..

Congrats.
Sometimes you just gotta take the win and go home.
But, that's how it got lost. 😇
 
Nice find. That's even older than me...
 
I remember seeing a documentary years ago on how the find Amber washing up on the beaches along the Baltic Sea.
This makes sense because that's the area where they built the famous "Amber Room" in Russia.
 
I remember seeing a documentary years ago on how the find Amber washing up on the beaches along the Baltic Sea.
This makes sense because that's the area where they built the famous "Amber Room" in Russia.

Yes, the amber room was certainly constructed using Baltic amber, but originally in the City Palace in Berlin which is around 150 miles from the nearest part of the Baltic coastline. It was later removed to the Catherine Palace near Saint Petersburg on the Baltic (in 1716 as a gift to Peter the Great of Russia) and then expanded to contain more than 6 tonnes of amber.
 
Just a short walk. One just never knows what to expect.
Interesting stuff. Kept me going.View attachment 2252020
View attachment 2252021
I might as well quit. Never gonna find anything older at this point. 😏
Sterling mounted as well!

Thanks for peeking! 😇
That's a great piece! We enjoy such a weird and wild hobby. You just can't predict what you will uncover next. Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom