Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My guess would be the Tejon.

Tejon...

..unless you don't need any discrimination, in which case, I think the Sand Shark would be it.

All Metal - 10.5" Sand Shark (PI) / 11" Lobo Super Traq

Discrimination set above Nickel - 12" Outlaw

According to those who have tryed most of the Tesoro brands what would be the deepest Tesoro to date
at max descrimination, and sensitivity and at all metal, just curious even though I know depth is not everything.:hello:
Oh and with what coil as well. With normal not wet soil conditions as well.

You left out one piece, what's the target?

where..?

?..Discrimination set above Nickel - 12" Outlaw

Terry, where are you finding the Outlaw running deeper than the Tejon with that same (10x12?) coil? All soil conditions, or just in more mineralized soil?

Terry, where are you finding the Outlaw running deeper than the Tejon with that same (10x12?) coil? All soil conditions, or just in more mineralized soil?

Regular dirt hunting for silver coins the Outlaw is the winner hands down at 10.6kHz

Last edited:
All Metal - 10.5" Sand Shark (PI) / 11" Lobo Super Traq

Discrimination set above Nickel - 12" Outlaw

Really? Maybe I should reconsider another Outlaw to compliment my Golden. I was considering the Tejon or Vaq, but silver coins are what I want to find.

Deepest Tesoro? Any model where you can ground balance the machine, which would likely be a fairly HOT machine!
Lotta coils to choose from too..., for most models. Gotta love it!

I would say that the Sand Shark is my deepest Tesoro.
Dug a bottom of a can at the beach 18+ inches. I was in a hole up to my elbow before I reached the can.
Outlaw for me on clad is 8" or the length of my pin-pointer. We just dont get very deep coins in our area.

I have a deep coin target first found with my CZ 5 that buried the depth needle at 8 in in my uncles yard that I decided to leave to test machines on cause I knew it was a deep coin. On the CTX thus coin reads 12 45 13 46 with a depth of 9 in. If I had to guess what it was with the CTX I would say silver dime in my soil. I have tested many Tesoros on this target including the Eldorado micromax, Bandido2 micromax, Outlaw, Deleon, Tejon, Vaquero and Cibola with stock coils and 8 x 11 rsd. The Vaquero hit it with the 8 x 11 partially supertuned, Tejon a very feint hit on would probably miss if they didn't know it was there and the rest nothing at all. I have owned many Tesoros over the years and multiples of each and the Vaquero in my terrible colorado soil consistently seems the deepest.

The Vaquero can hold its own when it comes to depth.

Really? Maybe I should reconsider another Outlaw to compliment my Golden. I was considering the Tejon or Vaq, but silver coins are what I want to find.

I think Terry is a great guy.

But the Vaquero, Cibola, and Tejon are all deeper than the Outlaw.

Last edited:
Terry has a tweaked one...

I think Terry is a great guy.

But the Vaquero, Cibola, and Tejon are all deeper than the Outlaw.

That's my experience as well. I see better depth out of both Tejon and Vaquero, and I haven't used my GB modded Cibola enough to tell. Still, my preferred Tesoros are the Outlaw and Bandido II μMAX, as I find them the most pleasant to use in trash. Outlaw gets adequate depth, but I don't think of it as Tesoro's deepest.

Terry must have a "Rusty Special" version... :sunny:

That's my experience as well. I see better depth out of both Tejon and Vaquero, and I haven't used my GB modded Cibola enough to tell. Still, my preferred Tesoros are the Outlaw and Bandido II μMAX, as I find them the most pleasant to use in trash. Outlaw gets adequate depth, but I don't think of it as Tesoro's deepest.

Terry must have a "Rusty Special" version... :sunny:

For today's lesson for newbies, the theory is silver likes the lower frequency better. Maybe it does, but the higher end machines that are not running "silver's frequency" may just have better innards to beat the lower cost "silver frequency" detectors.

Best Metal Detector Frequency - Best Metal Detector Guide

Terry may have a soil that renders the upper tier higher frequency machines inert due to too much mineralization.

Curious to what steve1357 posted, what is Tesoro lowest end Frequency model and it's highest end frequency model they have produced.

I figure it is the Diabol or Lobo Original at 20KHz I found so far, not sure the lowest? Almost forgot they had their older manuals Thanks for the link. I will keep looking. Most have been around 12KHz and min 10KHz over the years, see none from 5-8 KHz though, interesting. You would have thought at least some of their Silver Series would have fell in between these lower zones?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting/304505-md-frequencies-better-what.html

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back