Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=================================================================
Simply beautiful pictures Hal, Gods country for sure.
But I would like to ask a question concerning the "last" image in the series of 6 you shared.
Is it just me or do I see a HUGE human skull on the top of that ridge?
When I saw that I had the hair on my neck rise.
Even though I will probably never have the chance to venture into this part of the country, I really like reading and hearing everyone's opinions and interpretations on this legendary place.
There are just so many "clues" and hidden meanings involved it is sometimes hard for me to wrap myhead around it all.
But , I do wonder this.
Has anyone taken all the proven authentic data and laid it all out? In this section of the boards there is tons of data, some is viable and some is mere fantasy.
But to methodically assemble and digest what all those who knew are really saying.
Who knows, it may just be a lot simpler than anyone thinks.
Take the "maps" at face value, for what they show and are.
The well informed may just be overthinking it all.
I dunno,,, but it seems way too much time, money and life has been invested.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
=================================================================
Simply beautiful pictures Hal, Gods country for sure.
But I would like to ask a question concerning the "last" image in the series of 6 you shared.
Is it just me or do I see a HUGE human skull on the top of that ridge?
When I saw that I had the hair on my neck rise.
Even though I will probably never have the chance to venture into this part of the country, I really like reading and hearing everyone's opinions and interpretations on this legendary place.
There are just so many "clues" and hidden meanings involved it is sometimes hard for me to wrap myhead around it all.
But , I do wonder this.
Has anyone taken all the proven authentic data and laid it all out? In this section of the boards there is tons of data, some is viable and some is mere fantasy.
But to methodically assemble and digest what all those who knew are really saying.
Who knows, it may just be a lot simpler than anyone thinks.
Take the "maps" at face value, for what they show and are.
The well informed may just be overthinking it all.
I dunno,,, but it seems way too much time, money and life has been invested.

Hitndahed,
Hard to take a bad picture in the Superstitions.
I looked at the image and don't see the skull that you are describing.
You are welcome to crop and re-post the image.

You are correct about investing in the Superstitions.
All and all a colossal waste of time, money, and occasionally life.

But....

....if you are looking for what you have described as "Gods country", eventually you will find yourself there.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hitndahed,
Hard to take a bad picture in the Superstitions.
I looked at the image and don't see the skull that you are describing.
You are welcome to crop and re-post the image.

You are correct about investing in the Superstitions.
All and all a colossal waste of time, money, and occasionally life.

But....

....if you are looking for what you have described as "Gods country", eventually you will find yourself there.
=============================================================
Here ya go Hal,,,
My "skills" using "Paint" are horrible, but you will see what I am referring to.

Attachments

• skull.jpg
    skull.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 259

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
=============================================================
Here ya go Hal,,,
My "skills" using "Paint" are horrible, but you will see what I am referring to.

I see what it is that you are describing.
That is above the entrance to Peter's Canyon.
I think its a play of light.
However, depending on what one believes, there may be large ground carvings close to where I was standing when I took that picture.
Still creepy.

Actually, if you want to experience guaranteed full blown pareidolia, spend a late afternoon wondering the north end of Peter's Canyon.

:icon_pale:

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO ,the Deering's trail . The first mile on the ridge above the spring .

Monumented trail.jpg

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok , let start from the begining of the trail . The above picture was of about the third quarter mile from the trail's start . The next picture is of about the first 0,2 mile of the trail's start .

1.jpg

And the next is of about the second 0,2 mile from the trail's start .

2.jpg

What is your opinion ?

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Ok , let start from the begining of the trail . The above picture was of about the third quarter mile from the trail's start . The next picture is of about the first 0,2 mile of the trail's start .

View attachment 1305363

And the next is of about the second 0,2 mile from the trail's start .

View attachment 1305364

What is your opinion ?
Amazing detail.
If you are doing that in Google Earth, try the line tool and trace your trail.
Very cool markmar.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This trail is really heavily marked . These are only few markings . A real monumented trail .

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Marius,

There are many such stone trail markers in the Supes. Some were placed by hikers, some by cattlemen, etc. Some were created by old Dutch Hunters, just to confuse the rubes. My collection of such pictures is pretty large:

Photo by Doug Wadell.

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read on the inner-web that the Dutchman himself most likely used florescent spray paint and glow in the dark ribbon (in high-visibility yellow/green) to mark his trail. If you run into that you'll know you are close, but to see the last few markers you will definitely need to be wearing his special infrared glasses to pick up the party glitter he spread next to his mine.
Just kidding, he didn't use yellow/green.

Along the same lines, I see that some guy has now produced a drone that will lift a man a few feet off the ground, seriously. Looks similar to the one that Ryan uses for his videos, just larger.
Now if you put a nice reclining lawn chair on that, and a long-lasting quiet battery power source, there will be a whole new breed of Dutch hunters hitting those 'trails'. ;)

Back to reality, those new man-lifting drones could one day replace some wheel chairs.

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Marius,

There are many such stone trail markers in the Supes. Some were placed by hikers, some by cattlemen, etc. Some were created by old Dutch Hunters, just to confuse the rubes. My collection of such pictures is pretty large:

Photo by Doug Wadell.

Take care,

Joe

A lot of stone claim markers back there also.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe

This trail has not name or number and no any mark indicate it . I doubt any cattleman grazed his cattles on this ridge . Also , don't exist videos or pictures about in GE or internet . The markings that I posted represent just about 5% of all the markings on the trail . In some places are so dense and in plain sight that don't make sense .
This trail has not an end but go around and joins again about 2 miles from the start . About 5 miles from the start goes through the heart and intersects the stone trail .

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe

This trail has not name or number and no any mark indicate it . I doubt any cattleman grazed his cattles on this ridge . Also , don't exist videos or pictures about in GE or internet . The markings that I posted represent just about 5% of all the markings on the trail . In some places are so dense and in plain sight that don't make sense .
This trail has not an end but go around and joins again about 2 miles from the start . About 5 miles from the start goes through the heart and intersects the stone trail .

Marius,

Mine too!.......I have shown pictures of my trail and the heart. Are yours as good? Do you think mine can be found in a book? The cattlemen in the Superstitions turned their cattle loose and let them roam.

Good luck,

Joe

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,

Mine too!.......I have shown pictures of my trail and the heart. Are yours as good? Do you think mine can be found in a book? The cattlemen in the Superstitions turned their cattle loose and let them roam.

Good luck,

Joe

You believe how your stone trail theory is the Deering's trail ? Is not so freaky place the end of the Little Boulder Canyon . And if your stone trail theory would be accurate , why to made a map which leads to nothing ?
IMO , the Deering's trail and the stone trail map are two different trails , with the stone trail to be smaller and perpendicular to the Deering's .

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
You believe how your stone trail theory is the Deering's trail ? Is not so freaky place the end of the Little Boulder Canyon . And if your stone trail theory would be accurate , why to made a map which leads to nothing ?
IMO , the Deering's trail and the stone trail map are two different trails , with the stone trail to be smaller and perpendicular to the Deering's .

Marius,

No I don't believe they are the same. If a heart plays into your Deering Trail, why is it not part of the original Deering story? When was it added, and by who? In the original story, Deering followed the Two Soldiers path. I don't believe that story........as it's been told and repeated many times.

Good luck,

Joe

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe

I believe Deering found this path accidentally when tried to recover his mule from a mountain ridge above from a spring . Maybe Deering followed the Two Soldiers path only as directions and not something concrete . I believe Deering started his research from the Silver King mine .
The heart in the Deering's trail was included by me previously , because i believe the Deering's mine and the Two Soldiers is one of the heart's mines .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at this GE image . The red line is what i believe to be the " upper " Deering's trail before turns to the right below and returns to the main trail .
The stone trail is the orange . The blue circle is the arch , the green circle is the horse head and the yellow dot is the mine . Look at the chimney shape right from the mine . Reminds you a Dutchman's clue ?

Trails.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread