DEERINGS TRAIL......

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Homar,

This is what I was trying to describe to you. It's difficult to appreciate from the GE image but you should be able to discern it. Untouched, almost impossible to reach. You can walk right by it and never know.

A few people have liked this post, the image I am guessing. This is a GE image of something that resembles a sunken valley. Only, it's elevated above the canyon floor. How can it be a sunken valley if it's elevated?

Its inaccessible and I don't know of anyone who has been there. But the few hikers who pass this way, pass just below it, with no way of knowing what is right above them.
Its something like a sunken valley but more like an elevated, hidden valley depending on which way one attempts to reach it.

Below and close by is the two room structure in a cave that Kurt discovered. In this same cave-house, Thomas x discovered El GATO written on the wall. It is very old in my opinion.
I thought that the clue was to find the cave with the two room house, and then go so many feet back down the canyon to...
There is a temporary waterfall there if you trace the wash lines.
The sun symbol that I wrote about sits in the canyon below the hidden valley, on the opposite wall.
Above the valley is perhaps the most insane canyon terrain that you are going to encounter in the SWA. No shite, it's not a place to go it alone.
Below I have alway found water in several different natural tanks.
The only way to reach the hidden valley with pack animal is from above.
From below you would have to know how to climb but there may be an easier way.

This is my next place to search. Its on Malapais. And there could be more just like it waiting to be discovered on GE. I have hiked past this valley about eight times and never even thought to look. Its invisible. But not with GE. Now it is just a matter of finding the best way in. For a look.

I shared it here because the location is related to cactusjumpers first post.

Last edited:

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me ask you guys a question. I found two tall rocks that look just like the holmes map. Standing behind them os a large heart. I was looking at the riffle man.
They where standing beside a old well. One board had a hole. The other board had a hole with a connecting v. The only difference between the well and the holmes map was the post used to coil the rope around when raising the bucket.
Assuming that a post is supposed to be between the rocks.
Could that be the old well waltzs talked about passing,or some kind of pulley to move the heart. Exsposing a entrance.
Could it be some way of lowering a man down a deep shaft.
Have any of you guys heard of what Im poorly describing.
To get a better visual. Get a copy of the holmes map. Draw a heart behind it. Then draw a post from hole to hole. Thats what I found. I know its somthing. I just dont know what. Also its on a rounded plateau. Nowhere near water. I was hoping you guys might have a idea.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Let me ask you guys a question. I found two tall rocks that look just like the holmes map. Standing behind them os a large heart. I was looking at the riffle man.
They where standing beside a old well. One board had a hole. The other board had a hole with a connecting v. The only difference between the well and the holmes map was the post used to coil the rope around when raising the bucket.
Could that be the old well waltzs talked about passing,or some kind of pulley to move the heart. Exsposing a entrance.
To get a better visual. Get a copy of the holmes map. Draw a heart behind it. Then draw a post from hole to hole. Thats what I found. I know its somthing. I just dont know what. Also its on a rounded plateau. Nowhere near water. I was hoping you guys might have a idea.

I have an idea. Share the items with us so we can formulate and idea. :)

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Read the message. I shared it already.
No.

Show us the evidence.

Let me ask you guys a question. I found two tall rocks that look just like the holmes map. Standing behind them os a large heart.
photo?
I was looking at the riffle man.
Could that be the old well waltzs talked about passing,or some kind of pulley to move the heart.
location would help
Exsposing a entrance.
can we see it?
To get a better visual. Get a copy of the holmes map. Draw a heart behind it. Then draw a post from hole to hole.
what does that even mean?
Thats what I found. I know its somthing. I just dont know what. Also its on a rounded plateau. Nowhere near water. I was hoping you guys might have a idea.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
View attachment 1139729

cactusjumper,

El GATO, also known as Wild Cat or GATO Salvaje, a Tonkawa warrior.
Just one person who used that name. Photo by H. Shuster 1860 to 1872

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Motel,

The trick in the trail was pretty well described. You have to go up above Waltz' Mine, then come back down to it through a trick in the trail.

Mike

Mike , you are right . And the " three pines " clue from Julia's map is there .

Three pines.jpg

The north is below ( down stream ) .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you might possibly be the only person that would even give julias map a second look.

Julia was the person who listened the Waltz's clues to the mine . After she failed to find the mine , made a map of her mind , with the clues which she had listened . Women give more attention to the details . The " THREE PINES " and the " HORSE HEAD " clues were depicted only from Julia in her map .
So , never dismiss a woman's map , even if the orientation of the clues is wrong .

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, Rhinehardt Petrasch was the person Waltz tried hardest to tell where his mine was, but Rhiney preferred to be drunk rather than pay attention to Waltz (which is why the family blamed him for them not being rich and stopped speaking to him, which led to him committing suicide). The most he ever really said to Julia was that from near "The Boardhouse" you could see the trail over the mountain that led to his mine. Julia used a lot of what Rhiney could remember to make those maps. She also probably left out a lot of things on the maps to keep anyone but her from finding the mine.

Mike

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Mike , from the board house or otherwise CAVERNA CON CASA . The shape is like a house roof .

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Julia was the person who listened the Waltz's clues to the mine . After she failed to find the mine , made a map of her mind , with the clues which she had listened . Women give more attention to the details . The " THREE PINES " and the " HORSE HEAD " clues were mentioned only from Julia in her map .
So , never dismiss a woman's map , even if the orientation of the clues is wrong .

she listened to waltz's clues? how'd that work out for her?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar,

I think you need a little more knowledge of the area before making statements like that. The most notable BOARDHOUSE was the one on the Quarter Circle U Ranch, and the second would be at the Milk Ranch in North Queen Valley. Take your pick.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread