Dec 22, 2008
Sebastian, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
I wouldn´t recommend either for wet salt beach, but both should be good for coin shooting the dry stuff.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I have owned both. They are both awesome detectors, I found in my area that they got about the same in depth. I like that the Cortes has a back light. The deleon has bigger characters on the screen. I now only own the Cortes and couldnt be happier.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Tesoro's all handle the beach well up here in the panhandle. I might get a false signal evey once in a while on the wet. Just have to turn the sensitivity down a bit, not even that much.

I've not used a Deleon or Cortes, but I have used an Eldorado, Cutlass II, and a Golden. I use the Tiger Shark for surf and the bays.

OP
OP
C

Chewbaby

Dec 22, 2008
Sebastian, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Thanks for the replies!!!

I am going home to GA. for 10 days and my Step-dad wants to hunt a couple of old homes in or old town.
I think I am going to try and talk the wifey into letting me get the Cortes. It must be great i don't many people
selling them.

Thanks again guys
chewbaby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread