Depth Master

Re: Depth Master, wondering how many of you use it?

Does not actually increase the detector's depth (despite the catchy title of the thingy). All it does is amplify the headphone signal, of the signal that is already there. So ...... unless you have a wimpy pair of headphones, or a hearing problem, I would not see the need for this. Simply get a better pair of headphones, or increase the volume control of your detector.

Tom_in_CA said:
Does not actually increase the detector's depth (despite the catchy title of the thingy). All it does is amplify the headphone signal, of the signal that is already there. So ...... unless you have a wimpy pair of headphones, or a hearing problem, I would not see the need for this. Simply get a better pair of headphones, or increase the volume control of your detector.
[/quote

I agree with Tom he is spot on with his reply, I had one years ago, it's a simple amplifier.

Gary]

I've had one attached to my Garrett Gold Stinger for 15 years. I like it because I can tune the threshold low and not get blasted out my the big targets. It amplifies the very small signals and limits the strong ones. The battery lasts a long time. I think The White's GMT has this circuitry built into it now. All and all I have enjoyed the addition(with stereo earphones). Mine has a bypass switch when not needed or when detail target sound is required.

bayoukid said:
plehbah said:
Man, you slap that Depth Master and a couple of neon pinstripes onto that Night Hawk detector of yours, and you are fielding some kind of rig!

I fully agree.

I do think parsley does livin up an otherwise drab dish. :tard:
Still got mine for sale...........

bayoukid said:
Jim_K said:
bayoukid said:
plehbah said:
Man, you slap that Depth Master and a couple of neon pinstripes onto that Night Hawk detector of yours, and you are fielding some kind of rig!

I fully agree.

I do think parsley does livin up an otherwise drab dish. :tard:
Still got mine for sale...........

How much?

I think I wrote to you a while back but never got a reply.

Just PM me with a low amount? ;D

I already got one from a member of the Finds forum but might be interested in a backup.

--kid
I did PM you you did not reply to me ???

The Depth Master uses what's called a "clipper circuit". That's an electronic circuit that amplifies a signal to a high level, then clips off (filters out) the high parts of the frequency's waveform. That keeps it from blowing out your ear wax. ;D If I'm not mistaken, all major detector manufacturers use this technology in their output circuits as a standard procedure today.
As was already suggested, invest your money in a top quality pair of headphones such as RATPhones, Black Widows, Yellow Jackets, etc. You will be waaaay more satisfied with the results. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back