What's new

desert find

CivicDude

Greenie
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
i found this in the Desert thats around my neighborhood not sure how old it is
trying to find info
 

Attachments

  • cabin5.webp
    cabin5.webp
    180.9 KB · Views: 2,275
Get busy with a detector. If you don't have one try to borrow one.
 
Bumpstick said:
Get busy with a detector. If you don't have one try to borrow one.
yea that looks like a target rich environment hunt it first and when you find your coin you might get a good indication on its age.
good hunting :thumbsup:
 
It looks like minors cabin, I'd guess 1940's to 1950's.

What desert are you in?
 
The evidence I used for my educated guess is that it’s put together with what looks like Portland cement that doesn't looked weathered very much. It looks like it was finished with modern day tools too. Do you see what I'm talking about? An easy way to tell how old a site might be is by taking a sample of the targets in the area.

It’s definitely a good hunting spot, but if it was really old I think the walls would have fallen down by now.
 
I don't know how old that structure is but that is a really cool picture...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom