Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gang,
Long time no hear from !!!!!! I'm still here " lurking " lol..... I have been VERY VERY busy with a new project, I am bringing Desert Magazine back !!!! Buuut It's a bit different, it will be a online quarterly magazine only ( no print ). This is to keep costs down and make it a little easier to produce. We will feature articles on archeology, anthropology, history, travel, 4x4ing, botany, wildlife and treasure hunting. We will be covering the American southwest which is California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah and possibly Colorado and maybe East Texas. If you like take a look at the site http://www.dezertmagazine.com , it's spelled different to comply with " legalities ". I could use some feedback, it's a bit bare right now but we will have a demo magazine up by next month and the 1st will roll out on Oct1. We are also in the process of hosting all the original Desert Magazine issues to include the 5 missing issues from the 1990's. If any of you are interested in writing for the magazine we welcome all comers ( you don't have to be a professional writer ) and this is a paying gig $$$$$. If you are interested please send me a email @ editor@ dezertmagazine.com

Thx Everyone Hope to hear from you'll soon....
PLL
John

Combine1.jpg

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Desert Magazine is back !!!! Kinda .....

John,
Just been to your site. Nice! It'll be a regular stop for me.... maybe even to contibute a time or two. TTC

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thx Terry looking forward to it...

John

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Buddy.

Looks good. Congratulations.

As time permits, I might be able to contribute a thing or two.

Best-Mike

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Mike...
I've been wanting to get a hold of you, please send me your phone # ( I lost my old phone ) to me email address [email protected].... We need to talk about a couple of things... It's been awhile and would like to catch up with you, hope the market is treating you well. Not so much here :-(.... But then I have other " priorities "...lol

PS: finally a new pix.... snicker

Thx
PLL

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was wondering what happened to goldenmirages.com and now I know. This is very exciting news. I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey guys,
I'm just wrapping up the end of the " demo " magazine that will be on the site ( free ) and should be up in about a couple of weeks. Some of the stories you have already read but it will give you a idea of what's ahead. Ferret I had to close GM because it kept getting spammed, the last straw was when someone dumped about 300 pages of medical crap....I closed it after that... sorry, I would have liked to keep it open...The 1st issue will be out on Oct 1 ( this is a quarterly rag ), I'm getting kinda antzy been lining up some really cool people, archeologists, researchers, writers etc...But I want to show a mix of academics and hobbyists that's why it's important that if you guys have something then let me know and we'll see what we can do....If you're looking to sell something we have ad space available as well ( not toooo much though ). I'm not looking to get rich, I just want to be able to make a living with it.... buy a RV and travel for about 3-5 years and EXPLORE!!!!!!

Thx
PLL

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

For those that are not aware, PLL has come through and posted the first edition of his magazine. I just started reading it and am highly impressed so far. He and his writers have obviously put their heart into it. I recommend that everyone check it out. You will not regret it.

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Gang,
The first issue is done and up on the net !!!!!! In this issue we are featuring a story about Johnny Lang and the Lost Horse Mine, as well as the Indian Massacre at In-Ko-Pah. There is also the Mexican legend of Llorona, a visit to the Arroyo Tapiado mud cave and much much more !!!! So please stop by take a look and let me know what you think....

Thx PLL

issue1_thumbnail.jpg

Attachments

• issue1_thumbnail.jpg
    issue1_thumbnail.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 336

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice deal, PL!! Very nice. Count on MY attendance. I like it. You looking for investers? TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pegleglooker said:
Hi Terry,
I'm not sure yet.... But if I do you'll be the first I call....

Thx
PLL

Maybe the second or third, PL. I predict a large RV will be in my immediate future! I'm gonna' name it the Gold Wagon. TTC

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TerryC said:
pegleglooker said:
Hi Terry,

Thx
PLL

Maybe the second or third, PL. I predict a large RV will be in my immediate future! I'm gonna' name it the Gold Wagon. TTC

Do you REALLY want to advertise what you are doing? Maybe "Nature Lover" or "Birdwatchmobile". Any potential poachers may just get thrown off.

Best-Mike

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gollum said:
TerryC said:
pegleglooker said:
Hi Terry,

Thx
PLL

Do you REALLY want to advertise what you are doing? Maybe "Nature Lover" or "Birdwatchmobile". Any potential poachers may just get thrown off.

Best-Mike
Hmmm, you got a point there. Maybe I should name it Will Work For Gas Money. TTC

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe:

"SHAGGIN' WAGON"

Then everyone will think you are a swinger and stay away!

Mike

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gollum said:
Maybe:

"SHAGGIN' WAGON"

Then everyone will think you are a swinger and stay away!

Mike
LoL ! Not my generation, Gollom.... but tnx. This will take some thought... TTC

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gang,
BTW as of today if you type in desertmagazine.com it will also go to my site. I bought the domain awhile back but finally got it set today... I meant ask Gollum if he had any encounter with those " camel spiders " while overseas. Our next issue will have a story about them and they look really gnarly and 6" long ???? I have seen some pixs WOW!!!!!

PLL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread