What's new

Deserves a thread of its own!!

CajunPointHunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2013
Messages
90
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.W. Louisiana
In my eyes this is the best I have found since last time I was here and possibly my best find ever! Love the colors on this (I think) Sabinal 1300-450 B.P.
 

Attachments

  • image-274778912.webp
    image-274778912.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 202
Upvote 0
yep real nice colors

what kind of flint is that?
 
Nice one. I lean a little more towards Catahoula type, but I may be wrong.
 
A Catahoula usually has a little bit larger ears. I'm leaning more towards Alba.
 
Excellent! Love the form and colors on that piece!
 
Great point whatever you decide to call it. Personally, I think Catahoulas are notched, and this is stemmed. I'd call it a Pinwah Slough point if it resided in my frame.
 
Last edited:
I have no idea what type point it is but is a GOOD one. Thanks for sharing.
 
That's very pretty...looks like a tree point...;)
 
JMO I would call it a Hayes due to the shape of the base, very cool stone for sure.:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom