Detech / Excelerator concentric coil for Minelab Explorer?

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you will do better with the Sun Ray DD or Minelab coil over anybody's concentric coil. In trashy areas the trick is to overlap a little and if you null out, back up the coil and advance it slowly to id the targets location and possible identity. The DD coil will cover more area per sweep than any Concentric of the same size.

Sandman

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Sandman, but there are times when I wish I did have a concentric coil on my explorer. Since it detects in a cone shape the deep coins could be found next to nails whereas with the DD coil it might get masked by nearby nails since it is being detected in a long straight line.

JW

Apr 8, 2005
No. California
Detector(s) used
ML ExII, GPX4000
The Excelerator coils are great items to get for free, I got a 5"er for free and I like it but compared to the SunRay it falls short.

A mono (concentric) coil for the Explorer would be awesome!!!
You may find one at http://thunting.com/geotech/forums/ ...

OP
OP
Rusted_Iron

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went ahead and got the 8" Sun Ray and I'm really happy with it.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I may still consider the Excelerator concentric in the future, so if anybody here has experience w/ it, please post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread