detect tools

Mitchmann

Apr 4, 2022
What are some of the top of the line tools for detecting for a newbie? I guess entry level to intermediate? I am seeing lesche,garrett,minelab,grave digger,etc... for trowels,shovels,pinpointers,etc... mostly colorado digging.maybe some gold in styreams.I just purchased a minelab 800 so I cannot afford the best but do not want cheesy plastic,etc.. Thanks!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest a Lesche digger and a pinpointer (Garrett carrot) would be what I suggest, as it is waterproof to ten feet. Now whether you want a shovel or a hand digger is something else to think about. I have both but use the hand digger more because I do parks and you can end up with less trouble with a small digging tool in parks (less nosy people thinking you are going to destroy the landscaping) also practice a you couldn't tell you were even there way of digging, leave a hinge on your plug when you dig up your target so the grass doesn't die and fill your holes. You can use a small towel to put your dirt on then you can dump it back in the hole and also have something to wipe your hands.

ADHD_Outdoors

Mar 31, 2022
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pinpointer is a must. I've got the Garrett carrot stick on a Boomerang retractable leash which makes it so much better to work with. I hook it to my finds pouch and that's where it stays until needed. No dropping or leaving it somewhere.
1649853367186.png

I also started with a 24" garden shovel but didn't like it much. Bought a sharpshooter and cut the blade down like other posts have shown. Much easier to carry and better to dig with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread