What's new

Detected a Used Car Lot

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
2,240
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Haven't found much to post lately, so here is what I brought home from my last hunt. This place might have been a day-care (it wasn't) with all the toy cars me and ME22 found.

The owner had previously told me that he found a "half-dime" with a cheap detector. He was mistaken and it was only a silver Merc, or he was just exaggerating. In any event, I told Mastereagle this before embarking on the hunt and he immediately peed his pants. He left work early and changed his pants and we took off to hunt. Since we couldn't be at the "car lot" until 6pm...we hunted a church where a Civil War battle took place and I managed to find the relic pictured below as well as a silver Rosie.




100_4254.webp

100_4255.webp

100_4256.webp


If anyone knows what kind of burner this is, or if it is definetly a CW relic, let me know. I thought it was cool non the less.

Well to make a long story shorter than Mastereagle's fantasy....we drove to the home where I had gotten pemission to hunt. We started detecting and Mastereagle is whining about not finding anything. I kept pulling up old Tootsie toys and was in the zone. Mastereagle was complaining that there was too much Iron in the ground. I told him he should switch to his 8 inch ExCelerator coil. Finally he was finding a few things.....silver to be exact. I believe he found a War Nickel, Merc, Silver Quarter and even a Bullet. He wet his pant again!

As pointed out by Mastereagle......the half-dime that the home owner had found turned out to be a Merc!
Since he has a habit of being mean to animals, children and old people, he spit in the homeowners face when he revealed this fact. (Man! I can't take him anywhere!!)

I found a cool old key too, that I apparently lost while showing my finds to the landowners brother. Oh well. I will be back and know where I probably dropped it.

Here are the finds from that site:


100_4247.webp

100_4248.webp

Happy Hunting Everyone.

Baldingboy
 
Upvote 0
Burner is most certainly from a kerosene lamp. Those are great finds. Thanks for sharing.
 
The Battle of Cape Girardeau took place where we hunted first. They have found all kinds of buttons, a belt plate or two and a lot of dropped bullets there. So I thought that the burner from the lamp MIGHT be a CW relic.

BB you know you are the one with stock in Serenity undergarments not me. How many times have I told you people on the forum here always know when you are putting one of your "issues" onto poor ole ME22? ::) :wink: :D

I am not so old as to have continence issues yet. I could tell stories about how every place we hunt a particular member of the forum has to mark his territory like a little puppy, but you're my friend, I mean the person who does this is my friend and I would never tell that kind of dirt on them. ::)

We had a good night. You had several good finds as did I. This is most definitely a place we will go to again, if you take me back there again. Thank you for a good spot and a great hunt! And yes without the 8 inch coil, I wouldn't have found much that night, too much junk. I was talking about selling that thing but not now!!!

BTW BB, I think you broke that key off in a chastity belt. Seems the home owner had heard all about you before we arrived. . . . ::)
 
Great digs. You gotta love those cars unless of course you have a million of em'. :) jgas
 
Where's the Rosie? You forgot the Rosie, BB! :-\ ;D LOVE that blue car in the fist pic! :thumbsup: And ya know, that hem weight could possibly be CW era! 8)

Congrats on those finds!! Nana :wink:
 
I can't believe I'm doing this but I will vouch for him. He found a 1964 rosie.

Nana40 EVERYTHING is either a large cent or CW relic to BB ::)

I'll say to him "what you got there BB?" To which his reply will be "Large cent" or I'll ask him what he dug up and he'll say "A CW relic look aint it nice?" and hold up a coke can! :wink: :D

But he and I keep hoping and I would guess that hem weight would date late 1800s easy! And I still think that burner might be CW era as well given where we found it.
 
Sounds like you and ME22 had a fun day and I think maybe the fun never stops huh?Also thanks Nana 40 for the info as I found what I thought was a button at a old one room school the other day and tossed it in my junk box till I seen this post that said it a civil war Hem wieght as I found it right near a civil war token :)You two jokers keep up the good work and I expect to see lots more goodies soon

HH
Slipperyjack47
 

Attachments

  • Picture 91.webp
    Picture 91.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 425
pennyfarmer said:
Burner is most certainly from a kerosene lamp. Those are great finds. Thanks for sharing.

mastereagle22 said:
The Battle of Cape Girardeau took place where we hunted first. They have found all kinds of buttons, a belt plate or two and a lot of dropped bullets there. So I thought that the burner from the lamp MIGHT be a CW relic.

BB you know you are the one with stock in Serenity undergarments not me. How many times have I told you people on the forum here always know when you are putting one of your "issues" onto poor ole ME22? ::) :wink: :D

I am not so old as to have continence issues yet. I could tell stories about how every place we hunt a particular member of the forum has to mark his territory like a little puppy, but you're my friend, I mean the person who does this is my friend and I would never tell that kind of dirt on them. ::)

We had a good night. You had several good finds as did I. This is most definitely a place we will go to again, if you take me back there again. Thank you for a good spot and a great hunt! And yes without the 8 inch coil, I wouldn't have found much that night, too much junk. I was talking about selling that thing but not now!!!

BTW BB, I think you broke that key off in a chastity belt. Seems the home owner had heard all about you before we arrived. . . . ::)

pennyfarmer,
Thanks for the post. We had a great time...well, except that pants peeing thing. :tard:

mastereagle,
Your incontinence is legendary with everyone we know. I only pee outdoors to mark potential targets that I want to dig later before you start digging like a badger.

We did have a good night. We will have to make a return trip, if only to get the key I lost. I like those old keys...especially one that goes to a chastity belt. :icon_pirat:

HH Baldingboy
 
jgas said:
Great digs. You gotta love those cars unless of course you have a million of em'. :) jgas

Nana40 said:
Where's the Rosie? You forgot the Rosie, BB! :-\ ;D LOVE that blue car in the fist pic! :thumbsup: And ya know, that hem weight could possibly be CW era! 8)

Congrats on those finds!! Nana :wink:

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
BB,

What a Stellar Assortment of Tootsies...

I have yet to find one...

Plenty of Hot Wheels...No Tootsies... :'(

Rock On,

Nick

jgas,
I only have a few and really love em. I think any old toys are cool.

Nana,
I believe that hem weight is pretty darn old...even if it isn't CW era. For you....I will post a pic of the Rosie. :-*

Nick,
Yeah, I have only just started finding some Tootsie's. I believe this is because Mastereagle and I have been hitting some older properties just out of the town we live in. Keep after it bro....they will come. L8tr~

Baldingboy
 
Ok.........as promised, for Nana40, here is the Rosie I found. Just came in under the date. I'll take it!






100_4268.webp


100_4267.webp
 
;D Now isn't that better? :thumbsup: Always GREAT to see the silver!!!

Thank ya for the pic, BB! :-* Hope you're having a great weekend!

Nana :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom