What's new

Detecting Clothes line question

Pointman

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
2,646
Reaction score
1,585
Golden Thread
1
Location
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, AT Pro, Xterra 505, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This may not even be a question because of the obvious, but I usually find a couple of coins around the clothes lines to houses. I also want to be armed with additional facts when I go looking next time.

My question concerns that sometimes I cannot locate the clothes lines when they have been removed. Do all old houses (1940s or back) generally have a clothes line and where are the places to look? Is there a general rule to where they are? Has anyone found one in FRONT of a house, rather then the back or side? What do you look for if it has been taken down?

Thanks.

-John
 
Seems to me, that most times, they parallel a sidewalk out thru the backyard. And most times, the sidewalk went to the outhouse. Not fact, just how it seems to me...
 
Seems to me, that most times, they parallel a sidewalk out thru the backyard. And most times, the sidewalk went to the outhouse. Not fact, just how it seems to me...

Thanks for the input. These type hints are what I am looking for.
 
Take a look at some old pics, talk to old folks they would know. Would be fairly close to house.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom