What's new

Detecting, its good for the soul.

ryaan21

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2007
Messages
437
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not post much, more of a lurker, but in the last few days a personal tragedy has rocked the family. I find that swinging my detector with my brother and other family members who hunt is good for clearing the head and taking the mind off of less pleasant things. Even if I am not finding much, being out in the woods or at the park with my bro and sis or uncle is really calming.

Weird maybe, but i never thought it would help as much as it has.
 
Detecting is good for the soul. It teaches patience and persistence and dealing with disappointment. Once these traits are dealt with then it becomes therapeutic and relaxing and can bring a peace of mind. Like you said, just being in the woods is calming. The morning sun filtering through the trees. The birds singing. Squirrels and chipmunks rustling around the leaves. It doesn't get much better than that. I have loved being in the woods since I was a kid.

-Swartzie
 
Amen...... :notworthy: to the detector gods
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom