What's new

Detecting old Amusement Park

BrandonR

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2014
Messages
29
Reaction score
39
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another forum member and I went out to state park lands today near me to where there used to be an amusement park that flooded in 1955. Found an old knife which I have soaking now, two pennies, unknown coin shaped object, a bunch of garbage not worth showing and my first ever silver a 1944 Quarter!!!!! I am super excited and will be going back very soon.

20160602_153439.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 29
Cool finds! Take your time an work that area slowly, you never know what goodies await your coil.
 
Congrats on your first silver coin. Most of us start with a dime, however, I see that you went a bit larger.

Well played sir!
 
WTG. Are you talking about the flood of 1955 in CT?
 
Saweeeeeet! I was a silver dime for the first silver coin as well. I would love to work an amusement park area. There's one in my sites as I sit here at work that I know for sure would be sooooooo good. Lakeside Amusement park. Let me in that water!
Thanks for sharing and maybe you can get some gold on the next trip...GOOD LUCK!
 
Congratz! That's a great way to start your silver coin digging!
 
Great finds!

do you think much silt was deposited in the flood, and high waters since?

you might have to think which areas didn't get silted as much, good luck!
 
Congrats on the nice old Silver Washington. Sounds like a cool site. I'll bet you're really hooked now.

I actually have a once flooded amusement park site not too far away but the neighborhood is so bad it's probably not worth the risk. There are shootings fairly regularly.
 
Good job on the silver many more will come and gold also...Keep it up!!!!@!@
 
Was second person on this trip very interesting place
Found a older penny still working on get date and photo's (coin is in very poor shape)
also found old mason jar
 
Congrats on your first silver, it won't be your last!
 
Great finds ! How big was the park ?
 
Nice start to your silver stack!! There's more out there..........
Just be careful if you are actually on PA state lands.........the rules are strict and the penalties can be severe............
 
Nice start to your silver stack!! There's more out there..........
Just be careful if you are actually on PA state lands.........the rules are strict and the penalties can be severe............

There is no rules against hunting state park lands??? State game lands has rules but can be hunted
 
Yep Vic and I have been doing a lot of research on this specific park and are eager to hunt it some more. We will detect it to death now lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom