North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting with Bubba & Andy - CW lead and buttons

Today, Andy (DD-777), Bubba (Pak of Nabs), and I joined forces to detect the woods at my CW spot. We started off pulling some buttons in a section that was an open field years ago, but now is overgrown with small pine saplings. In that area I got three cuff buttons and what looks to be part of an old cast iron pot (?). Andy got a nice button that he will post later.
From there we moved out into the woods along a stream. I showed them a few areas that had turned up CW lead for me in the past. Nothing there so we headed out further down. By this time these two tanks (Andy & Bubba) were huffing and puffing and I thought they would need to be air lifted out. :tongue3: :laughing9: While they sat down to "compose" themselves, I continued detecting. It was a good thing I did because I dug a 3-ringer. :hello2: They then got their second wind and joined me. Next was Bubba's turn. He dug two nice Enfields and then a full Williams cleaner. Andy continued to clear the woods of shotgun brass for us and I could tell he was getting a bit frustrated because of the steam coming out of his ears and his middle finger pointing at me. :dontknow: Not to be outdone by Potted Meat Bubba, I dug my second 3-ringer. :thumbsup:
Just as I was feeling bad for Andy I heard him yell. :o I could see he was very happy. He had just dug HIS VERY FIRST CW BULLET, a musketball. Congrats Andy. :headbang: :occasion18:
After a bit we headed back. Waiting for these two guys to catch up to me was like watching two glaciers move. :sleepy2:
They kept stopping to rest over and over. I almost called my grandma to come help them up the hills. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Just kidding guys, you know I love ya. :-*
I had a great time today and we all found some CW lead. Four different types as a matter of fact! :icon_thumleft:
Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• DSCN4126.jpg
    DSCN4126.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 422
  • DSCN4128.JPG
    DSCN4128.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 405
  • DSCN4129.jpg
    DSCN4129.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG00035-20110212-1223.jpg
    IMG00035-20110212-1223.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG00036-20110212-1230.jpg
    IMG00036-20110212-1230.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 413
  • MVC-230S.JPG
    MVC-230S.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 414
  • MVC-231S.JPG
    MVC-231S.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 433
  • MVC-232S.JPG
    MVC-232S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 416
  • MVC-233S.JPG
    MVC-233S.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 413
  • MVC-234S.JPG
    MVC-234S.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 418
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Detecting with Bubba & Andy - CW lead and buttons

Great hunt Dug , you guys hit it hard :headbang: Glaciers moving :laughing9: that's cold :o dAWg

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great hunt! Will get to a CW site one of these days. Till then it up to you!
HH,
Bunker

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

Of course you wait for me to leave town before you poke fun. Remind me to hit you with my shovel next time... :laughing9:

Everyone knows that a little pack mule moves through those small tight spaces better than two full grown thouroughbreds... ;D

Regardless of Speedy Gonzalez, we had a great hunt and pulled out some nice lead. Looking forward to next weekend my friend... :icon_thumright:

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great hunt!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

The North Carolina "Irregulars" had a great day. I like that flower button. A couple of questions:
1. Did Bubba's Enfields have base marks?
2. Is that piece of brass with the hole pictured with the buttons actually a broken brass buttplate for a rifle?
One comment: Congrats Andy on your fiirst CW bullet and go ahead and conk MM with that shovel. WTG Gentlemen!! HH, Quindy.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice lead and good Buttons . What more could a relic hunter want ! Keep searching and keep us posted ! MaineRelic.

penniesmine

Jan 17, 2010
Low Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC/ Fisher F-75 Special Edittion LTD Black Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice :hello2:

Bugsterx2

Jan 29, 2011
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug

Nice finds and your commentary on your friends was entertaining as well(Sorry friends)! :headbang:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CMDiamonddawg said:
Great hunt Dug , you guys hit it hard :headbang: Glaciers moving :laughing9: that's cold :o dAWg

Thanks Dawg. :laughing9:
-Dug-

Bugsterx2 said:
Nice finds and your commentary on your friends was entertaining as well(Sorry friends)! :headbang:

Thanks Bug.
Believe me, they bust my chops just as bad. You got to have a sense of humor to detect with me. Andy and Bubba are both great big guys. ;D
-Doug-

MaineRelic said:
Nice lead and good Buttons . What more could a relic hunter want ! Keep searching and keep us posted ! MaineRelic.

Thanks Maine. It was nice to hit on another hot CW lead spot out there today. We all got a piece of the action.
-Dug-

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds MM! I wish I could find a place like that. I walked 3.5 miles today looking for some old farm foundations I was told about but could not locate. I got some well needed exercise anyway. HH :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DD-777 said:
Of course you wait for me to leave town before you poke fun. Remind me to hit you with my shovel next time... :laughing9:

Everyone knows that a little pack mule (otherwise known as a jacka$$) moves through those small tight spaces better than two full grown thouroughbreds... ;D

Regardless of Speedy Gonzalez, we had a great hunt and pulled out some nice lead. looking forward to next weekend my friend... :icon_thumright:

Andy,
Congrats on your first CW bullet. There will be more Dude. Thanks for coming down today. :thumbsup:
-Dug-

VOL1266-X said:
The North Carolina "Irregulars" had a great day. I like that flower button. A couple of questions:
1. Did Bubba's Enfields have base marks?
2. Is that piece of brass with the hole pictured with the buttons actually a broken brass buttplate for a rifle?
One comment: Congrats Andy on your fiirst CW bullet and go ahead and conk MM with that shovel. WTG Gentlemen!! HH, Quindy.

Q-
Bubba said no markings on the Enfields. I had found "57" marked Enfields very close to this spot, so I was hoping his would be the same. Bubba kicked my b-tt on lead today. His detector goes deep!
As far as that piece of brass with the hole in it, it is too thin to be part of a buttplate. I think it is part of one of those oval saddle pieces that pop up here on Tnet once in awhile. :icon_scratch:
Do you think the iron piece was from a kettle?
-Dug-

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Looks like you all had a very productive hunt. Andy, congrats on your first CW bullet and I hope you find more in the future. MM, don't be too hard on those two they might gang up on you.
Dman

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac

Great hunt guys, love that lead and those buttons!!!!

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice finds. I really like that button with the design on it. What does it say on the back? Our wooded campsite has a TON of shotgun hulls as well. The good news is you know when you find one you are in an area that has not been hunted.

U

umrgolf

Great post! Nice to see members put their buddies on good finds here! Congratz on the CW lead there Andy :headbang:

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest: