North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting with Bubba & Andy - CW lead and buttons

Today, Andy (DD-777), Bubba (Pak of Nabs), and I joined forces to detect the woods at my CW spot. We started off pulling some buttons in a section that was an open field years ago, but now is overgrown with small pine saplings. In that area I got three cuff buttons and what looks to be part of an old cast iron pot (?). Andy got a nice button that he will post later.
From there we moved out into the woods along a stream. I showed them a few areas that had turned up CW lead for me in the past. Nothing there so we headed out further down. By this time these two tanks (Andy & Bubba) were huffing and puffing and I thought they would need to be air lifted out. :tongue3: :laughing9: While they sat down to "compose" themselves, I continued detecting. It was a good thing I did because I dug a 3-ringer. :hello2: They then got their second wind and joined me. Next was Bubba's turn. He dug two nice Enfields and then a full Williams cleaner. Andy continued to clear the woods of shotgun brass for us and I could tell he was getting a bit frustrated because of the steam coming out of his ears and his middle finger pointing at me. :dontknow: Not to be outdone by Potted Meat Bubba, I dug my second 3-ringer. :thumbsup:
Just as I was feeling bad for Andy I heard him yell. :o I could see he was very happy. He had just dug HIS VERY FIRST CW BULLET, a musketball. Congrats Andy. :headbang: :occasion18:
After a bit we headed back. Waiting for these two guys to catch up to me was like watching two glaciers move. :sleepy2:
They kept stopping to rest over and over. I almost called my grandma to come help them up the hills. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Just kidding guys, you know I love ya. :-*
I had a great time today and we all found some CW lead. Four different types as a matter of fact! :icon_thumleft:
Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• DSCN4126.jpg
    DSCN4126.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 423
  • MVC-234S.JPG
    MVC-234S.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 419
  • MVC-233S.JPG
    MVC-233S.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 414
  • MVC-232S.JPG
    MVC-232S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 417
  • MVC-231S.JPG
    MVC-231S.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 434
  • MVC-230S.JPG
    MVC-230S.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG00036-20110212-1230.jpg
    IMG00036-20110212-1230.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG00035-20110212-1223.jpg
    IMG00035-20110212-1223.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 416
  • DSCN4129.jpg
    DSCN4129.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 409
  • DSCN4128.JPG
    DSCN4128.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 406
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Detecting with Bubba & Andy - CW lead and buttons

SkyPirate said:
Nice finds MM! I wish I could find a place like that. I walked 3.5 miles today looking for some old farm foundations I was told about but could not locate. I got some well needed exercise anyway. HH :icon_pirat:

Joe,
After seeing that coin of yours up on banner, I can't feel too sorry for you. :tongue3: :laughing9:
You'll get em' next time. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

civilman1 said:
Another successful hunt Doug....WTG :thumbsup:

Thanks Joe. It was neat that we all dug different type bullets out there. Still no buttons found in that area which would also be nice. The last spot I found out in that area turned up 3-ringers, William's cleaners, and melted camp lead including a half melted 3-ringer.
-Dug-

DiggerDave in Pa. said:
umrgolf said:
Great post! Nice to see members put their buddies on good finds here! Congratz on the CW lead there Andy :headbang:
Nice pics and good finds!

Thanks Dave. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dman said:
Looks like you all had a very productive hunt. Andy, congrats on your first CW bullet and I hope you find more in the future. MM, don't be too hard on those two they might gang up on you.
Dman

Thanks D.
Those guys would have to catch me first. The chance of that happening is the same as Bubba wanting to be a Union soldier. :tongue3: :laughing9:
-Dug-
umrgolf said:
Great post! Nice to see members put their buddies on good finds here! Congratz on the CW lead there Andy :headbang:

Thanks Jeff. It was good to see Bubba and Andy find some CW relics out there. It sucks when you tell a buddy that you've found relics in an area, then take him there, and you find nothing. At least this time I have proof. ;D :thumbsup:
-Dug-

Tnrelicman said:
Great hunt guys, love that lead and those buttons!!!!

Thanks Tnr,
Any day finding some CW relics is a great day. I've been finding small patches of relics out in the woods here and there, but no large concentrations YET. :dontknow:
-Doug-

treasurehound said:
Nice finds. I really like that button with the design on it. What does it say on the back? Our wooded campsite has a TON of shotgun hulls as well. The good news is you know when you find one you are in an area that has not been hunted.

TH,
The area was FULL of shotgun shell and rifle casings. Nothing more irritating than digging down 6" below roots to find a .22 shell. :BangHead: :laughing9:
As far as the flower button back mark, I can see the word "Orange" for sure, but am stumped on the other four letter word. The first two letters are "RO", so I'm thinking "Roth". :icon_scratch: There was a button maker by that name back pre-CW. What do you think?
-Dug-

Attachments

• MVC-235S.JPG
    MVC-235S.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 194
  • MVC-237S.JPG
    MVC-237S.JPG
    6.8 KB · Views: 192

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Digging lead is still one of my favorite kinds of digs!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

romeo-1 said:
Digging lead is still one of my favorite kinds of digs!

Me too Romeo. :thumbsup:
-Dug-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions