Detecting woodstock

Not sure, but that would be a cool hunt 8-)

I remember this thread came up a few years back - i don't know if the property would be accessible .

I remember seeing a similar post as arg stated.
I could be wrong but I seem to recall the replies were not positive IMO
Brady

Do a quick search on Woodstock and you'll see the posts. Not much found there other than clad and the piles of trash.

Let's see. If I remember the times, a bit foggy, but no money for entry so everyone snuck in which made it a free concert. Wavy Gravy ran the Hog Farm to feed the masses, again 'free' thanks to the US Army air lifting in rations. And, as I remember clothes where optional if you wore pants they more than likely had no pockets since 'mooching' was the lifestyle. I don't know what one would expect to find. No 'bead' setting on my detector.

10000 dirty broke hippies? not much to find I bet

bet there would be lots of aluminum and bottle caps

Bunch of metal pot pipes encrusted in dry mud, heh

the subject came up before. And yes it's been hunted. And as I recall, the persons struggled for a few memorials and a clad or two. Woohooo.

Even though the crowd #'s were impressive, yet it was only for ... what .... 3 days ? So you'd be better off at at any old city park that saw continuous use, for decades, in much older times . 1969 is not too exciting for coin-loss-demographics.

Far out, man! Some of my high school classmates were there and their memories are mostly of mud and being wet, cold and hungry. Not all nudity with hot chicks. I was in basic training, no hot naked chicks there either. We did get 3 hots and a cot, however. LOL
HH
dts

Wasn't silver still floating around in circulation in 1969?

Didn't think it left enmasse until the hunt brothers silver spike.

Also just because someone metal detected it before, didn't mean they got anything good.

Depends on if they were using a $30 Harbor Freight Detector, or a $3,000 CTX 3030, how high of disc they were running, etc.

Farm out!! Right arm!! Outta state man!! Let's go!!! Put some flower stickers on my 1966 Ford Econoline and I'm there!! :tongue3::tongue3: A couple of folks I worked with were there & one of them told me they just abandoned their car on the road because they ran out of gas money and hitchhiked home. The one guy turned into a Dead Head so he could refine his pan handling skills. Oh! He made a remark that he lost 10 pounds. Doesn't sound like much but when you weigh 130 soaking wet that's a lot.

Just saw a documentary and it crossed my mind. Will use the search function in future! thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back