Detectorists Show

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this was covered in another section on TNet, but I just found out about this show and wanted to share it here. Detectorists is a fictional show, not a documentary, about two friends who metal detect together and their lives. It is really well written, and is especially entertaining if you are in the hobby, as most of us can relate to some of the things that happen in it. It stars Mackenzie Crook, who those of us in the USA may know best from playing the scrawny pirate with a wooden eye, Ragetti, in Pirates of the Caribbean or Orell, in Game of Thrones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just binge watched all six episodes. I loved it! Can't wait till season 2. Thanks for the link Silver Simon.:occasion14:

OP
OP
Silver Simon

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I did all 6 in a row yesterday. I won't spoil the ending for others, but I expected something.... different.

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It has been confirmed that it was picked up for a second season so I think they left it in a good position to pick right back up. I must admit though, I was expecting something else, as a season finale, then what we got. Maybe they knew it was picked up for a second season before their season finale? Either way, looking forward to later this year for season 2 premier.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I laughed out loud at the Power Ranger's Detector. I wish we got this in the U.S. One TV show I would watch.

Though your link comes up as Kootie Central according to my McAfee Firewall. I just went to YouTube.

Had a thread on the show in January.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/447816-detectorists-bbc.html

Yeah, it threw up a ton of red flags for me too. The videos in Charlies link play in the forum thread, they are just a bit small. The hosting website sucks though and it harder to watch them there.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link, Silver Simon!

I had only seen one episode on youtube, and am now binge watching on tubeplus!

Just finished the first season...totally enjoyed this series.

Recommended.

One caution....my malwarebytes reported a threat on one of the links. Have protection when using tubeplus.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Silver Simon

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My apologies for the malware! My system did not alert me to anything, likely because I run Adblock. I just read that some of their ads enter you in an endless loop of clicks. Either way, I'll edit out the link. Thanks for the heads up. If anyone is still interested in the show, it isn't terribly hard to locate with a search.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My apologies for the malware! My system did not alert me to anything, likely because I run Adblock. I just read that some of their ads enter you in an endless loop of clicks. Either way, I'll edit out the link. Thanks for the heads up. If anyone is still interested in the show, it isn't terribly hard to locate with a search.

No apologies needed. Thanks for the link! Malwarebytes is a free program and should be sufficient to protect. Recommended: Malwarebytes | Thank you for downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

OP
OP
Silver Simon

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Malwarebytes is a free program and should be sufficient to protect.

I can't agree more. I keep an updated copy of MB on a flash drive with some other tools for on-site recoveries. I don't know how many times I've had to save a family member's computer after they couldn't resist clicking for a "FREE IPAD!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread