What's new

Detectorless Detecting

Dan Hughes

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2008
Messages
472
Reaction score
71
Golden Thread
0
Location
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
6502071


My best find ever? That's easy. Twenty-eight thousand bucks. I kid you not! And no metal detector was involved.

The latest "In the Treasure Corner" is about things found without the use of metal detectors.

From finding a dozen golf balls one morning 52 years ago, to finding 19 softballs in five minutes nine weeks ago, here are stories of what you might find when you just watch the ground when you're out walking.

What have YOU found without a detector? I'll bet you've got some stories, too.

Listen to the show at In the Corner with Dan Hughes.
 
I didn't have time to go through the entire thing, but I found this interesting, from February 2012:

"A "reality" treasure hunting TV show is due to air in the spring, and it looks like a doozy.

A pro wrestler, his "enforcer" son, and his wife from Joisey (that's how some people say New Jersey) comprise the team that will "convince" homeowners to let them dig up their property - with a bulldozer.

As Dave Berry says, I am NOT making this up."


Anyhow, I wonder how many eyeball finds are stolen property?
 
Last edited:
That can't be a good thing
 
If its the guys I think who helped with the show, you are in for a show like you have never seen before. Just saying.
 
Best i have found has been 3 one hundred dollar bills in an envelope blown up against a fence when i was picking up trash at work. I also found a dime and a 5 dollar bill that same day in the same lot. After work i went to the coin shop and purchased 300.00 in silver at 23.00 an ounce. I sold it when it was 35 an ounce a few months later. I then took that money and bought my (ex) wife a 250cc scooter so she could learn how to ride.
In all i spent 50.00 on a new scooter out of pocket lol.

I always look at the ground when walking or i am looking up at the stars.
 
Zowie! Finding $300 you can keep is better than finding $28,000 you have to return!

About that reality show mentioned above - that was almost 2 years ago; he was commenting on a show I did in Feb 2012. I don't watch those things, but I'm guessing it came and went.
 
A 1 1/2 oz 22k bracelet in a grocery store parking lot.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom