What's new

Detectorpro pistol probe

Joined
Oct 5, 2014
Messages
31,916
Reaction score
35,440
Golden Thread
1
Location
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some input on the Detectorpro Pistol Probe. How does it compare with the Garrett pro pointer and White's TRX pointer? How is the battery life and general ruggedness of the pointer. Does anyone use one on a regular basis? Your thoughts?

Thank you for your input.

Regards,
 
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some input on the Detectorpro Pistol Probe. How does it compare with the Garrett pro pointer and White's TRX pointer? How is the battery life and general ruggedness of the pointer. Does anyone use one on a regular basis? Your thoughts?

Thank you for your input.

Regards,

I have owned them all except for this last 2 new additions to the market. The Pistol Probe was one of the worst I tried. First the door fell off and then the trigger quit working all within the first few days. It would go deep but you draw some strange looks if you are in public. Might think a little prior to that investment. The TRX out classes it by about a thousand percent and my pro pointers (3) all ended up with issues also. When working I would take a Pro Pointer over a pistol probe.
 
There is only one Pinpointer, until February, then there will be two. Both are called Garrett. ;)
Peace ✌
 
Thank you both for the input!

As stated (or should have) in the original post I own the ProPointer and TRX, but watched a You Tube video posted by "Dirtfishing" and he used the pistol pointer. I was curious about the product.

I will add the NEW Garrett pro pointer to my arsenal next month.

Thanks again,
 
I received one in a package deal when I purchased my Minelab detector. DetectorPro is a good company and actually looked forward to getting the Pistol Probe and thought it was going to be a powerful and sensitive pinpointer. As soon as I opened the box, I realized it was constructed of cheap feeling hard plastic. I thought well as long as it works good and lasts a while, I'll overcome the plastic casing. Unfortunately, as soon as I placed the battery in it, it started to get very hot in my hand and smelled like burning wire. It never powered on and I never got to use it even for a second. :laughing9: I contacted the dealer I purchased the bundle from and he was excellent about it. He asked me if I wanted another one shipped to me, and I told him I wanted the Garrett ProPointer instead and that I was now gun shy to reconsider the Pistol Probe and so he sent me the Garrett. Have not had any problems with it many digs later. Have been very happy. :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom