Diamond Earring, Sterling - 8 charm bracelet

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello everyone!
I hope everyone in the States here and all the Yanks overseas had a great thanksgiving! I sure did, got together with the family and had just the best day!

It was a beautiful day today here in Michigan. The MD Gods were calling, "Get Out There, Get Out There", so I did. :). I had to work a couple hours but managed to hit a school by my work on the way home. Later in the day, I took a friend out detecting to show her the ropes, letting her use my detector, sitting back and watching after she got the hang of it. I have another detector just like my trusty old Garrett that I am going to clean up and let her borrow for a while until she decides if she wants to invest in a new machine. We might go again tomorrow too. But, judging by the digs we got, I would say she is hooked. I guess I have some competition in the schoolyards :).

It was a good day with a couple really nice keepers, a pile of clad, and some interesting trinket pieces. A total of 3 hours hunt time all together. Found $8.55 in clad, 89 coins including another $1.00 Canada Looney and an interesting Yugoslavian coin about the size of a quarter. Other cool trinkets were a turtle broach thingy, a Mother Mary see through pendant (I put a piece of white paper on the back side in the photo so you could see the hologram inside), and two medals, one for Chess-1st place 12th grade, and a Reading Olympics gold medal.

Nov 25 finds.jpg

Now the real goodies, and they were extra good today. At the first school, I scored a beautiful Diamond Earring in the woodchips by one of the swings. The hallmark says L1 14K and the diamond is about 1/4 carat. I guess "L1" must stand for the quality of the diamond? and 14k obviously the gold. "Swing"!

diamond earring.jpg
diamond earring1.jpg

While detecting at the second school we found a really nice Sterling Charm bracelet with 8 sterling charms on it. They are all hallmarked 925, Sterling, or Ster 925. All are local sightseeing sites, Michigan Cherries, Mackinac Island, Frankenmuth, Cedar Point, ETC. Some poor girl must be heart broke :( The clasp stretched and opened allowing the chain link to slide out and fall off.

925 charms1.jpg

It was quite a good day and I definitely have a lot to be thankful for around here. I hope you all have similar good fortune. Best of luck to all!

Smiles!
BDoo

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
outstanding finds boobydoo wtg, the weather was really nice up there this week we just got back home last night we just didnt get to detect very much oh well another day
hh
dave+bobbie

trubl1096

Oct 17, 2006
Landlocked
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x/ Aquapulse/ WHITE'S II
Looks like you are cleaning up. :o The earing is a nice one. I have a simalar one that I have found with a sapphire and diamond on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread