Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a strange one today.
There's a creek next to my house with street parking that runs along the side . No sidewalk , just a dirt strip around 10 feet wide with a big bolder every ten feet , for about a block long.
The creek is about 10 feet below street level. I've detected the area a couple times and found a few bucks in clad.

Yesterday the city came in and cut all the heavy brush away , revealing a small flat spot a couple feet from the top. Got a few hits.Found .67 cents on the flat area . Started doing the bank on my way back up to street level when BAM ! Damn near blew my headphones off ! I kicked the dirt away and saw pointy things in a circle. Great , a bike sprocket i thought. So i grabbed it and gave it a yank and this is what came out ! p1.jpgp2.jpg
I believe its the Goddess Vishnu. Doesn't look like Buddha. Its about 12in tall , all brass.
Strangely enough last week i found Jesus !p3.jpg

Upvote 16
decisions, decisions......

could be arwapindi

Wow! That’s really cool! Never saw one of those come out of the ground before. Well done, congrats and HH

shiva (the destroyer god) as the lord of dance... odd that a crucifix was also found

Last edited:
There's a creek next to my house with street parking that runs along the side . No sidewalk , just a dirt strip around 10 feet wide with a big bolder every ten feet , for about a block long.
The creek is about 10 feet below street level. I've detected the area a couple times and found a few bucks in clad.

Yesterday the city came in and cut all the heavy brush away , revealing a small flat spot a couple feet from the top. Got a few hits.Found .67 cents on the flat area . Started doing the bank on my way back up to street level when BAM ! Damn near blew my headphones off ! I kicked the dirt away and saw pointy things in a circle. Great , a bike sprocket i thought. So i grabbed it and gave it a yank and this is what came out !View attachment 1517528View attachment 1517529
I believe its the Goddess Vishnu. Doesn't look like Buddha. Its about 12in tall , all brass.
Strangely enough last week i found Jesus !View attachment 1517533
Hello Bob! I found you on Tony Eisenhower’s YouTube channel. I also found some thing similar but not the same. Mine was on a river bank in Schenectady New York. Buried in the bank and blew my ears off as well! I think mine is Shiva. I also found almost $40 worth of quarters in a 20 ft area of the Riverbank and a little bit into the water. When it warms up here in New York I’m going deeper into the water to get more quarters. It certainly is fun!
Donna. Aka Metal Detecting New York With Swinging Donna

Yesterday the city came in and cut all the heavy brush away , revealing a small flat spot a couple feet from the top. Got a few hits.Found .67 cents on the flat area . Started doing the bank on my way back up to street level when BAM ! Damn near blew my headphones off ! I kicked the dirt away and saw pointy things in a circle. Great , a bike sprocket i thought. So i grabbed it and gave it a yank and this is what came out !View attachment 1517528View attachment 1517529
Congrats Bob

It a nice finding, 👍🏽😎

Great find thanks for sharing

got to expand a wing in your relic room there are a few more choices out there....lol, awesome find

Hello Bob! I found you on Tony Eisenhower’s YouTube channel. I also found some thing similar but not the same. Mine was on a river bank in Schenectady New York. Buried in the bank and blew my ears off as well! I think mine is Shiva. I also found almost $40 worth of quarters in a 20 ft area of the Riverbank and a little bit into the water. When it warms up here in New York I’m going deeper into the water to get more quarters. It certainly is fun!
Donna. Aka Metal Detecting New York With Swinging Donna
I did good on Plattsburg's little public city beach for gold, don't know if thats close to you but worthy of a beeping

Neat find! Hopefully it wasn't purposely tossed away, because of the bad juju it brought to its previous owner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back