What's new

Did some bank hopping and two boxes today.........

Rosco Bookbinder

Full Member
Joined
May 26, 2007
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250. Are there others?
Went to the bank I opened an account yesterday and took $95 from it. (had to put in 100 to open) While there I asked if they had any halves. Bought $10 loose and found a 40%. Then went to my main CU to turn in some halves. We can only do $200 at a time without a charge. So he dumps them in the counter and it's only just started and the bag is full. He takes it out, puts in a new one then runs my coins. When he came back to the counter I asked if I can buy the bag he just took out. He says he thinks so, asks the manager and they say they can't promise what's in it. I tell them I trust the counters I use them all the time. I take the bag and find 2 40's, a 1995 Gold Plated and 15 pennies (and the count was exactly $500 in halves!!!). I then went to my other CU and picked up my two boxes. Found total of 9 40's and 2 90's (64's) and another gold plated 1984. This one has the dates stamped on it. So today I went through $1510 in coins and found 12 40's, 2 90's (64's) and two gold plated. And after all of that I have returned all the coins at three different banks and have my money for tomorrows two boxes......eeheh
 

Attachments

  • gold_on_top.webp
    gold_on_top.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 240
  • 69_on_top.webp
    69_on_top.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 232
  • today_finds.webp
    today_finds.webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 0
Coinlover said:
if the limit is $200, just do $199.50. ;)
It's 200 or less so I always do 200. I go to two different branches and dump the 400 then take 100 in rolls to another bank. It's just the way you got to do things sometimes......eheheh
 
Nice boxes, hope mine produce tomorrow.............
 
awhitster said:
Nice boxes, hope mine produce tomorrow.............
Those were actually a lot less than I am used to. I was worried when going through them that I would get that much. Turned out to be pretty good boxes but you get spoiled as you know.........
 
Not bad!
Sounds like you have more fun picking them up than opening them!
Keep it up!

PS- I still haven't found a way to get a 2-sided coin ring (half dollar) cylindrical as opposed to conical. It just won't straighten out - have you figured it out yet?
 
I tried heating it and I got mine a little flatter but still no tall the way. I have pretty well given up. Maybe Jeweler Dave has an idea.
 
To make a double side ring for about a size 12-13 you have to use something smaller than a half dollar and bigger than a quarter. I talked to a guy at the coin shop and the owner has silver coins (foreign) that will work. I just haven't gotten back there yet.
 
Juggling that money, from coin to cash, bank to bank and getting keepers.

That, the hunt and "shuffle", is also a fun part of this hobby.

Finding keepers is just gravy (to some).

Nice job
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom