What's new

Did some nickels today

Jack_MIghtyheart

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
420
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Since the semester is over, I sold my textbooks and got around $200 back. Pretty good considering most of my friends only got back around $50. Decided I'd deposit some in the bank and pick up some nickels to see if I could fill a few holes in my folders. I made my deposit, and asked if they had any customer rolled nickels. I was in luck, they had $20 worth. I took 'em, headed back to my dorm room, and the fun began. It wasn't a particularly great haul, but I filled most of the holes in the 62-95 folder. Got around 10 pre-60's, including a 44P war nick. I was psyched about that, it was my first war nick found from rolls. Also included was one Canadian. All in all, it was the best I've done for nickels. Headin' back to that bank again tomorrow to see if they have more.

HH all
 
Upvote 0
Not bad. A war nickle in 10 rolls is a good find. Let us know how the rest turn out.
 
Great job on the "war" nickel. Just wondering why only taking customer rolled coins? I search about $1,600 a week in nickels and seems to me that CWI rolls and even brinks rolls produce better than customer rolls. Just thought I would let you know that so you dont pass up "FED" rolls, I am on the east coast also so we are kinda in the same territory. Good luck with your later finds.

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom